We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

CasaMagna Marriott --- Garden View Rooms vs. Ocean-View

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
460 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
CasaMagna Marriott --- Garden View Rooms vs. Ocean-View

I am wondering what the garden view rooms are like. They are $70.00 cheaper per night than the ocean-view rooms. It's hard for me to justify that extra amount.

Many on this forum highly recommend the ocean-view rooms. Are they worth the extra $$? Is there anything to see after dark?

Fenton, Missouri
Level Contributor
33 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: CasaMagna Marriott --- Garden View Rooms vs. Ocean-View

Hi Tricia,

I just got back from the Marriott on Friday. There is a difference in the rooms. The garden view rooms basically look onto roofs or into a parking lot from what we could see. The oceanview rooms are nice and you can see at night because you see the pool and grounds as well. It depends if you will be out all night or in your room at all. I think you will love the marriott. Have fun.

The OC
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: CasaMagna Marriott --- Garden View Rooms vs. Ocean-View

It's always nice to see the ocean as opposed to a rooftop. What I'd like to know is, what is the status or the extent of the pool renovations currently going on? We are going over Thanksgiving, and really don't want to be around a lot of noise and mess.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
12 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: CasaMagna Marriott --- Garden View Rooms vs. Ocean-View

Agreed. I am going on the 29th of October (just a couple more days!) and I'm going with a friend who has never been outside the country. We're in a garden view, is it worth the switch?

Fenton, Missouri
Level Contributor
33 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: CasaMagna Marriott --- Garden View Rooms vs. Ocean-View

The pool renovations while we were there 10/14 - 10/21 were limited to the area around the hot tub and the hot tub itself. They partitioned off this area and were working on it. They seemed to be working quite quickly and were almost finished by the time we left probably one more week would do it. It wasn't even that noticeable after a day. I would say if you don't plan to sit on your balcony in the morning or evening to enjoy the view or have room service then don't worry about the switch. We tend to enjoy time in the room with the view so it was important to us.