We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tropicana Hotel

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Sleepy Eye...
Level Contributor
207 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Tropicana Hotel

There are 4 of us going to Puerto Vallarta in February 2006 and we would like a hotel on the beach, with a nice beach, close to restaurants and shopping. It looks like the Tropicana Hotel has some good rates right now. Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
371 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tropicana Hotel

I think the Tropicana is a great hotel at a reasonable price and in a great location. Nice rooms, pool side restaurant. Send me an email at rick@vivamex.net if you want to see my photos.

Louisiana
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Tropicana Hotel

You might also look into Playa Los Arcos Beach Resort which is right on the beach, a true Mexican boutique hotel, and very reasonable. I personally feel that the Romantic Zone is the only place to be in PV. My husband and I along with 5 friends will be leaving in 22 days and will be staying at Playa Los Arcos Beach Resort - I will definitely post a review when we return. Good luck with your search and look for my post somewhere the week of November 14.

Burnaby, Canada
Level Contributor
12,514 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tropicana Hotel

We enjoyed our 2-week stay at the Tropicana last year (early-mid-Dec).

Our 'standard' room (in terms of decor, amenities, and hard 'king' bed) was nothing to write home about -- it was sparse, but very clean, and certainly entirely adequate to our needs. And the room had a most fantastic, totally-unobstructed view from its huge balcony!! Directly to the sea, with partial views left and right, i.e., up & down the beach. Absolutely well-worth the price of admission!!! :)

The beach there is good. We didn't swim, but we walked the beach north & south usually twice daily, and used the "loungers" in front of the hotel to read and relax when we desired to do so.

The pool is unheated, and it can be 'cool', especially in the morning hours!! But it heats up during the day, and we found it very refreshing in the late-afternoons, after time 'on the beach' or 'out & about' in town, etc.

We ate the 'provided' breakfast's only, and walked went into the south-end or downtown for other meals. Many choices!!! Except for those meals that we prepared in our room (from food caught at the nearest Supermarket), and ate out on our balcony -- enjoying several wonderful sunsets!!

The staff throughout the hotel are great -- friendly, and very supportive. We would especially single out the "desk staff".

Hope my comments help. Good wishes. Cheers!!