We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marina area restaurants

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Iowa
Level Contributor
459 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Marina area restaurants

Staying at Westin Club Regina for a week. What are some inexpensive/reasonably priced restaurants close by?

United States
Level Contributor
1,049 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marina area restaurants

Our favorite restaurant in the marina is Porta Bello, I wouldn't say it's inexpensive but reasonabley priced. More importantly the food is very good.

West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
1,155 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Marina area restaurants

I second Porto Bello as an excellent restaurant with great ambience, but some may consider it a bit pricey rather than reasonable. Guess it depends on your point of view. But absolutely well worth it. :-)

Watch at least one sunset with drinks at El Faro, the lighthouse before heading for dinner.

Colgate, WI
Level Contributor
112 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Marina area restaurants

Porto Bello is very nice but expensive (for Mexico). The fish

tacos at Marisma's are super fresh and inexpensive. Mr. Cream's is good for breakfast, but not as good as Memo's or

Fredy's Tucan in town. The Regina buffets are excellent but again, expensive. Many people enjoy Victors Cafe Tecuba (the first place inside the Marina you will see) - I found the food OK but the beer is very cheap! I concur with going to El Faro for a drink and the view.

The bus stop is right across the street from the Westin and the fare is 50 cents - take it all the way south of the River and you will have tons more choices for restaurants!

I have heard good things about the restaurant you pass on the walk to the marina but haven't been - plan to check it out on our Club Regina visit Nov 6-13. Is your visit after, I'll update you then.....

Puerto...
Level Contributor
78 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Marina area restaurants

Porta Bella is a very nice place for a special treat and I would thoroughly recommend it but the best deal in the Marina is Victors, past the lighthouse from Porta Bella and past the restaurant bar that sits out on the water it has a small outside bar with lots of terrace seating with the same view of all the mega yatchts , cheapest ice cold beers in town, plus a shot of tequila complimentary, food is good and inexpensive, most boaters hang out here, its always busy. We have found this to be one of the best deals in all of PV and go there when we're boating, otherwise we're big fans of down town, Romantic Zone, have a wonderful holiday

chicago, IL
Level Contributor
674 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Marina area restaurants

A very nice relatively inexpensive restaurant in the marina is Suzie Wong's which as you might guess specializes in oriental cusine. Its worth a try. I also recommend Porto Bello.

MJo
Spring Grove, IL
Level Contributor
2,484 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Marina area restaurants

I agree, Victor's is very reasonable and good, authentic Mexican food.

A couple of others include Mr. Cream Pancakes and Waffles, Benitto's, Las Palomas, and as others have said, Suzie Wong's and Porto Bello's.

Go to vallartaonline.com and click on restaurants and you can search by area.

Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
10,893 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Marina area restaurants

Marisma Fish Tacos is excellent, cheap and oh so tasty! (They have shrimp tacos too!)

Brandos is great for cheap eats, ribs for under $5.00 US right now, plus other BBQ and "bar food"

El Coleguita, home of the seafood platters, just opened a second location at the Marina.

Many love the Sunday Brunch at Nikki Beach Club next to the Westin, not so cheap but if you can stuff it in, well worth it.

Mr. Cream, again, awesome breakfast...sometimes a little slow service wise but gives you time to wake up.

Inside Plaza Neptuna is a great deli as well...so you have lots of choices for inexpensive eats.

So Cal
Level Contributor
7,500 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Marina area restaurants

Las Dorados Palomas, one of my favorite places for breakfast. Great food, reasonable prices.