We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yealapa- Where to eat???

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Davidson, North...
Level Contributor
243 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Yealapa- Where to eat???

I have decided to go to Yelapa for the day and was wondering where is the best place to eat for lunch?? I love all kinds of grilled seafood so most liklt that is what i would be looking for for lunch.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Yealapa- Where to eat???

There are several restaurants on the beach, that should fulfill your desires. Try to hook up with Brad http://www.palapainyelapa.com/ he lives there with his wife and family.

He will point you in the right direction, just ask anyone for Brad, nickname PanBimbo.

Middletown, DE
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Yealapa- Where to eat???

Depending on how you get there... there will be a place right on the beach. I got there by boat and there was a pretty good eating place that was right there. It seemed very exotic as well.

Maryland
Level Contributor
312 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Yealapa- Where to eat???

We ate at a place right there on the beach, there are 2 or 3 right there when you get off of the boat. It was owned by the parents of the boy that took us over on the boat. The best grilled shrimp ever!

United States
Level Contributor
1,065 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Yealapa- Where to eat???

New issue of Budget Travel magazine has a nice article on Yelapa and some suggestions of restaurants as well as things to do.

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
20 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Yealapa- Where to eat???

Any of the beach restaurants are good. We enjoyed the most wonderful, melt-in-your-mouth grilled amber jack lunch in Yelapa at Chico's right on the beach. The margueritas were frosty and delicious. You might also want to track down one of the pie ladies that are usually on the beach at that time of day. Their pies are out of this world. Lucky you!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
165 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Yealapa- Where to eat???

Our last trip we all ate right on the beach a stone's throw from where the boat drops you off and it was so-so. I recommend hiking a bit up toward the waterfall which will not be much in October as summer rainy season is when the falls are impressive. Check out:

Waterfall Terrace

at Cascada y Bosque

Yelapa.