We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golden Crown Paradise Resort

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
80 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Golden Crown Paradise Resort

Can anyone tell me how far the Golden Crown Paradise Resort is from Marina Vallarta? Is it within walking distance?

Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Marina Vallarta
Marina Vallarta
1,486 Reviews
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Casa Velas
Casa Velas
#2 of 122 hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Velas Vallarta
Velas Vallarta
#7 of 122 hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Sunset Plaza Beach Resort & Spa
Sunset Plaza Beach Resort & Spa
#8 of 122 hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Bolivar, New York
Level Contributor
11 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Golden Crown Paradise Resort

The marina is within walking distance. I am not sure of the exact distance, but my husband and I have walked it several times.

winnipeg, manitoba
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Golden Crown Paradise Resort

I believe that the Crown Paradise Resort used to be called Playa Vista de oro. If not it was a connection of the hotel Crown Paradise. My Husband and I stayed there 2 years ago. And it is litterally a hop, skip and a jump away from the Marina. Like 5 minutes walk. Make sure you visit the Marina shops they are all wonderful. But do not buy from there on the day that the ships dock as the prices double or triple.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
80 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Golden Crown Paradise Resort

Thanks. I understand the marina terminal where the cruise ships dock is in a different area to Marina Vallarta - does anyone know how far apart they are?

Is there much to do in the Marina Vallarta area?

Mentioned in this post
Marina Vallarta
Marina Vallarta
1,486 Reviews
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Golden Crown Paradise Resort

I stayed at the Crown Paradise Resort last year and did walk to the Marina, but it can be a bit of a hike. When you head in that direction you first go past the Cruise Ship terminal, where there are lots of shops for the tourists. Next is the Mexican Navy terminal, which takes up a fair amount of space.

I have been to PVR many times and really like the Marina area for dining out. It is quite quiet, most of the resturants are open so you can see what people are eating. If you are looking for beef there is a Brazilian beef place that is very good. For Fajitas and more mexican style I like Fajita Bananna. The marina area prices are higher than in Puerto Vallarta, but I like the atmosphere and looking at all the yachts.

Mentioned in this post
Ordaz
Ordaz
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Puerto Vallarta
Puerto Vallarta
Jalisco, Mexico
northern alberta
Level Contributor
180 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Golden Crown Paradise Resort

the marina is a very short walk from the crown paradise, and in my opinion this proximity is one of the better reasons for staying at the crown!