We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

anyone else missing PV?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Chicago
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
anyone else missing PV?

The actual air temp in Chicago is minus 3 and the wind is blowing 20 to 30 MPH. There is an inch or more of ice on everything from a few days ago with snow now on top of that.

Trying to think of PV, drink in hand, feet in the sand,listening to the waves and watching another great sunset.

Not going back for about 120 days and it can't get here too soon.

Burnaby, Canada
Level Contributor
12,549 posts
229 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: anyone else missing PV?

We have the worst winter weather on-the-go in a very many years -- it's cold and it's snowing -- both are not very common in this part of BC. Christmas here is usually green, and often wet and green, but seldom (in recent years) cold and white!!

It looks pretty though!!

I was playing a cd yesterday, of music recorded at La Palapa -- I think it's an appropriate time for that music to be played again!!

Thoughts of Vallarta!!

Naperville, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
10,164 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: anyone else missing PV?

HA HA! I'm not missing it because I'm in PV, Bucerias, to be more precise, right now. Talked to a couple of friends in Chicago this morning, and they are not pleased at all.

Oregon
Level Contributor
106 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: anyone else missing PV?

Hey SenorB...

YES!!! Missing PV, is an understatement!

We have about 13 inches of snow accumulation, with a layer of ice. It's the most we've seen in this area in over a decade.

Unfortunately, I have to wait 300+ days before we get to return to paradise.

Just reading the forums, looking at pictures & reading reviews to get by...

*sigh*

C

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
4,331 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: anyone else missing PV?

Am also in Bucerias right now, on the way to the airport Sat morning in Edmonton it was -34 degress C before windchill!!! Glad to be hear for two weeks as it doesn't looklike its going to improve for awhile!

Chapala, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Chapala, Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta, Ajijic, Chapala
Level Contributor
12,928 posts
535 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: anyone else missing PV?

I am missing it even from here.....and wish I booked to go there for New Years!!!

Redlands, California
Level Contributor
5,287 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: anyone else missing PV?

I miss PV so much. We have nasty, cold, wet weather and lots of tourists who don't know how to drive in the snow. Yikes!

Johnsburg, IL
Level Contributor
685 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: anyone else missing PV?

We are missing it too! Bob is right about this Chicago weather, it is just down right nasty! And we had to be out in it Sunday b/c we hadn't even started our Christmas shopping yet which is so unlike us. But we survived and we haved only 57 days till we are back again! Driving around yesterday was like driving in white-out conditions at times. Nothing like the balmy, sunny weather in PV.

Everyone, keep dreaming about PV and have Happy Holiday's!

Pat and Jeff

Ohio
Level Contributor
1,356 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: anyone else missing PV?

11 days till we arrive! It's 8º here in Cleveland & we are under a winter storm warning with Lake Effect snow. BRRRRR! Not wishing my life away, but can't wait for sunset drinks on the beach. Stay warm everyone!

Seattle
Level Contributor
46,661 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: anyone else missing PV?

I'm in the middle of a record breaking snow storm in Seattle. You bet your last margarita I'm longing for some Vallarta sunshine.

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
5,263 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: anyone else missing PV?

Well...I'm sick of winter and so ready to be in PV!!! 9 more sleeps for us...and I can't wait.

Bezerk and Mrs. Margarita....see you poolside at Velas on January 2nd!!!