We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fiesta Americana or Paradise Village

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
New Jersey
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Fiesta Americana or Paradise Village

Trying to decide on whether Fiesta Americana or Paradise Village is better choice. First time in PV. Which are the better affordable all inclusive places to stay at ( I really like water sports and great shows) I will be staying at the Pelicanos for several days but then wanted to stay a little longer. I wll not be with any children just 2 other adults. Also what are the best places to eat at? Any recommendations ? Any recommendations to good guide books?

Nuevo Vallarta...
4 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Fiesta Americana or Paradise Village

I do not know what the Fiesta Americana is like, but I have stayed 6 different times before at Paradise Village. The people there are always nice and the rooms are clean and spacious. All rooms are suits so they have a kitchen, which I found really handy. I never did the all inclusive mostly because I enjoy going and trying different restaurants in the evening. And now, they have a real nice grocery store about a block away that I would just get food and snacks for the day there because I had the kitchen to prepare anything I wanted. I think much cheaper than doing all inclusive.

There are activities in and around the resort pretty much all day. I know there are also water sports available. The only thing I did not enjoy were the timeshare people, which I think you would get pretty much anywhere. They will suck you in and ruin your day. Any other questions about Paradise Village I will be happy to try and answer then for you.

Stephanie

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fiesta Americana or Paradise Village

Well, I hope you realise the Paradise Village is 16 miles out of town?

Long way from Pelicanos and limited amount of restaurants out there.

So many restaurants in town, a partial list here

http://vallartainfo.com/restaurants.html

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
97 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fiesta Americana or Paradise Village

well, for what you are asking, Fiesta Americana is SO much closer to town and all the good restaurants, as well as closer to Pelicanos. Drove by Fiesta Am. and looks very nice and has good reviews here. Dont know about the other place so can comment, other than is too far from town, I would choose Fiesta Americana.

San Pancho, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,109 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fiesta Americana or Paradise Village

It depends on what you want to do. Lie on the beach and drink tropical drinks?? That can be done anywhere. But if you want to experience vallarta you might want to stay in Vallarta.

Nuevo Vallarta is a nice place -- if you like hotel restaurants -- and if I were with a bunch of friends just wanting to kick back, chat, and relax -- I might choose it. But if it were my first time in PV -- I'd be going to all the great places I could. There is something for every age group .

If you are unsure of the Fiesta Americana-- ask here at Trip Adv for some recommendations -- just be specific about what you want and you'll get answers

Have fun whichever you choose

Mentioned in this post
Nuevo Vallarta
Nuevo Vallarta
Riviera Nayarit, Mexico
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,267 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fiesta Americana or Paradise Village

We were just at the Fiesta Americana for 2 weeks. The don't have shows there, and water sports in the ocean were quite limited and extra. I'd imagine that the beach would be better at Paradise Village. That said, the views, the room quality, the possibility of getting a breakfast plan and eating downtown, and as others have said the ease of access to downtown would make it, for me, the better option. Again, depends on what you are looking for. Tom

chicago, IL
Level Contributor
674 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fiesta Americana or Paradise Village

I would opt for Fiesta Americana. Much closer to town and a nice reasonable property. While you are in PV, I highly PiPi's for lunch or dinner.

Mentioned in this post
Pipi's
Pipi's
2,428 Reviews
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
United States
Level Contributor
1,091 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fiesta Americana or Paradise Village

Fiesta Americana - every time we go to PV we spend some part of it at FA. Lovely property, well maintained, bus stop right in front. Even last year when we spent a few months in PV area at condos we rented for a few weeks, we spent one week at FA. Never stayed at Paradise but did take a day trip there while we were staying in Bucerias; not very impressive to me...why go to mexico if you are going to stay in NV?