We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just got back! Had a geat time, kinda...

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Illinois
Level Contributor
37 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Just got back! Had a geat time, kinda...

Just got back last night from 7 nights at the Golden Crown Paradise in PV. We generally had a great, relaxing time. The people are very nice and accomodating. Food was usually great. Skip the room service. Loved sitting on the beach reading my book, while fending off the beach vendors! They weren't that bad, I did get a couple of good deals from them. But my boyfriend found it stressful and stayed by the pool. Don't really have too many complaints. The only bad thing is that we both brought back some form of Montezuma's Revenge (that actually started Friday). Don't know what caused it, but I'm sure we'll get over it eventually! We did the Las Caletas and Yelapa/Majahuitas excursions through Vallarta Adventures. I was sorry and ready at the same time to leave yesterday! Maybe someday we will be back! I will leave a formal review of the GCP when I get my pictures. If anyone has any questions, please ask!

Louisville, Colorado
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
21. Re: Just got back! Had a geat time, kinda...

Shelleyfish,

Thanks for your info. I am definitely leaning toward the Las Caletas tour. We love paella. I have also read and heard that the Caletas tour is better than the Yelapa one, so it's probably worth the extra $.

Have a great day!

Illinois
Level Contributor
37 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Just got back! Had a geat time, kinda...

RockyMt.girl

You're right, I did eat on the tours. And that was the first night we got sick. BUT, I'm not convicned of any certain thing at this point. We were sick on Fri after the first tour then again on Mon night. After Mon, we were sick for the rest of the week until we got on Cipro (no probs w/ Cipro). Who really knows? Maybe it was a mixture of things. Oh well, we're better now!

Do the Las Caletas! The food was cooked and hot. There is ribs, grilled chicken and the paella. I didn't eat the paella, I'm not big on eating squid and there is whole crabs thrown in. But everyone else seemed to enjoy it! It definitely is worth spending the extra $$!! Good Luck and Have Fun!!

Louisville, Colorado
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
23. Re: Just got back! Had a geat time, kinda...

Hi BalileysBudi,

I think you and others have convinced me to do Las Caletas. The food sounds better, too. I just hope it's not so hot that everyone is miserable. I getting a little worried about that, but you know, we went last year at the same time and still had a great time.

Take care :)

Texas
Level Contributor
1,984 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Just got back! Had a geat time, kinda...

Anytime you eat out anywhere in the world you risk getting sick..Too many variables..Processing,transport,temperature,Prep surfaces,pest control,and holding temps..I was at a Indian wedding and got violently ill..I swore off Indian food..On further investigation, it turned out,the catering truck had broken down for 5 hours(un-refrigerated)..Best bet is to boost and maintain your immune system..Unfortunately,when we are talking yogurt,this means plain,not the good sugar stuff with fruit on the bottom!! Acidopholous is the KEY!! BON APPETIT....

Johnsburg, IL
Level Contributor
685 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Just got back! Had a geat time, kinda...

where can I find ta pictures? Searced did not provide any?

Sorry kinda in hurry and not time to search extensively, just re-booked from Cancun

Thanks a million!