We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cost of art

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Westfield, NY
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Topic
Cost of art

On average, are paintings pretty expensive, or can you find then at reasonable prices?

Also, Bzy, I'll be leaving Saturday for PV. Should I book the Sierra Madre expedition in advance, or wait it out until I get there (I know there are a lot of people traveling now to PV because of the hurricane, and I'm scared it will be filled up).

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cost of art

Paintings?

Depends, you can maybe spend $30 in a market, but in the galleries up to to 30 - 40 thousand dollars.

Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
10,893 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cost of art

For the Sierra Madre Tour, I think you will be fine, they have plenty of Unimogs and go out almost evertday:)

As for art, there is art for every budget, from the spray painters on the Malecon and at Parque Lazaro Cardenas to art in the coffee shops- or art in the Huichols places to the 20+ galleries. Seriously we have art for every style and budget.

Finding the one that reaches out to you is the thrill of the hunt.

Unity, Maine
Level Contributor
833 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cost of art

Does the art differ from Cancun/Playa art? Also, we'll be there in November (during the art festival) - will we do better there in PV? Thanks!