We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Canopy tours

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Westfield, NY
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Topic
Canopy tours

I've been looking into tours, and the canopy tours sound fun.. yet dangerous maybe? Has anybody experienced it before? I'm 18 and my mom will be 50, with a slight knee problem. Also, there is a tour of the Sierra Madres which sounds fun as well.

Superior Tours Vallarta
Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Taxis & Shuttles, City Tours, Cultural Tours
Spokane, Washington
Level Contributor
566 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Canopy tours

Its one of the funest things I've ever done down in Mexico!!(the canopy tour). You'll love it!!! Your mom is fine, there are guides at the end of the run who help you land, just as long as shes not over 250lbs! Do it! You won't regret it!!

Dallas
Level Contributor
148 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Canopy tours

i'm interested in this too

but just a little afraid of hights. . .do you go completely alone down the line?

Indiana
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Canopy tours

I'm a 51-yr old mother of four. We did the Vallarta Adventures Canopy tour in June and it was wonderful. Never felt unsafe at all - your harness is attached to the safety line at all times. The staff is wonderful. Although you are on your own as you glide, your are getting instructions all the time. The only problem for your mom may be in the hike back after the canopy tour - it's quite a hike and all uphill.