We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thunderstorms everyday?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
50 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Thunderstorms everyday?

Yikes! I just checked weather in PV, it has thunderstorms for everyday next week (we'll be there for our honeymoon). Does this mean all day? I went to Cabo weather and it's sunny everyday next week. I am thinking we chose the wrong place! I am really looking forward to a little sun at least!! Help~

San Pancho, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,109 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thunderstorms everyday?

Hi -- pay no attention to the weather forecast. It would be highly unlikely that we will get thunderstorms every night (we're not THAT lucky here). Seriously-- it has rained the last two nights but it started around 1:00 a.m. and stopped around 6 a.m and the sun was shining by 7:30 each day -- thats about normal.

You will have plenty of sunshine - not to worry- there's plenty to do and if you are lucky enough to get an actual storm you will love it. Las night we got some lightening (way out to the sea) but no thunder yet.

Cograts on your marriage

Edmonton
Level Contributor
70 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thunderstorms everyday?

I just got back from PV and the weather forcast said the same thing for us. Thunderstorms everyday. You have nothing to worry about because it never rains during the day only at night. You will have very very hot days... no worries

Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
10,893 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thunderstorms everyday?

It rained pretty much all day yesterday, but mainly sprinkles and some light downpour for about an hour. It started to clear up last night but then we got a nice rainstorm with some thunder last night.

Today the sun was out for most of the morning but starting to cloud up a little.....with the sun still shining through the clouds to the north.

There is no predicting the weather but for the most part it is pretty sunny during the day and clouds up late afternoon. As well, we can go for days without rain.

We do not have a weather center here in Vallarta, so the weather stations simply rely on the satelite which is pretty hard to detect what is really happening.

My favorite is the weather sites that say "smoke"- I still haven't figured that one out:) Maybe it is haze? or fog? but even then, I will pull up the weather site and it says "smoke" and I look out my office window (panoramic view of the bay) and all I see is blue sky:)