We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dreams or Fiesta Americana?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Dubuque, IA
13 posts
Save Topic
Dreams or Fiesta Americana?

Helllo all:

My finace and I are in the process of planning a Honeymoon trip to PV. We are going to go with an AI package and are trying to find the best resort. Has anyone stayed at either the Dreams or FA resorts? We would prefer to get more bang for our buck since we are flipping the entire bill for the wedding and are looking for any insider reviews. Please let me know if you have stayed at either and how your stay was. We plan on going next October.

Thanks,

Mike

Dubuque, IA

Seattle, WA
Level Contributor
697 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dreams or Fiesta Americana?

you need to do a bit more "reviewing" the previous posts ... there are tons of threads about Dreams with lots of good info.....

Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Dreams or Fiesta Americana?

If you are going next October, Dreams is probably your best bet. Right now, it is under major renovations.

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
31 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dreams or Fiesta Americana?

I would think Dreams would be the right call. It is very secluded, yet only a 5 minute ride to town. All rooms have ocean views, but I would recommend getting a room with a balcony. I am going Dec 18 and will right a review.

San Francisco, CA
Level Contributor
204 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dreams or Fiesta Americana?

We stayed at the Camino Real - now Dreams - several years ago and loved the property. Last month we stayed at the Presidente, considerably further south of town, and it really didn't offer much more seclusion, but the drive into town and back again was quite a bit longer. The Presidente is also no longer AI. Dreams offers relative privacy, yet easy access to town that no other hotel in its class does, to my knowledge anyway.

As long as they get their operations up to snuff after the renovations, and don't charge an arm and a leg for a room, you really can't go wrong with Dreams. You have time to do your planning, keep checking back here and at other boards for the latest info. The people here and other BBs offer invaluable input you can't get any other way.

Dubuque, IA
13 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Dreams or Fiesta Americana?

Thanks for all of your input. I think the Dreams resort may be the best between the two. It's hard to find any information on the Fiesta so that always makes me wonder. We may end up booking an AI resort in NV because of the nicer beaches, but we'll see.

Badgerboy - let me know how it goes in a couple of weeks.