We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
canada
Level Contributor
61 posts
weather

i know ive already asked this question but im being paranoid!!! i will be in nuevo from oct 13th to 20th and the weather forecast is isolated and scattered showers all week long. does this mean rain all day all week and no sun? i really hope not. im really hoping for nice weather. it will be my first vacation in 7years at least..............

thanks for ur input

Wine Country
Level Contributor
63 posts
3 reviews
1. Re: weather

any info would be appreciated. we are going 20th through 27th and it says 60% chance of rain and thunderstorms. this means more likely to rain than not! how can this not be accurate?

SoCal
Level Contributor
9,749 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: weather

sbundy,

You already have some answers to your question you posted Tuesday on peurtovallarta(dot)net

Pay no attention to the online weather sites, as there is no weather station in PV. The only thing that might be accurate is the current temperature, which I believe is they get from the airport.

We have been going in Oct for several years now, and I don't ever remember a whole day without sun. We got a little over an inch of rain the morning hurricane Kenna passed by in '02, but the afternoon was sunny. Had two or three evenings that rained in '03, any other time it rained was after we went to bed.

DO wish for a night time thunder lightning storm, it's a fantastic show over the bay.

Go have fun, you'll have plenty of warmth and sun on your vacation.

Seattle
Level Contributor
52,039 posts
22 reviews
3. Re: weather

*extremely* rare in any month of the year in Vallarta to have "rain all day all week and no sun". Likely some rain or storms even may blow thru and usually at night. If there is 1 week in PV with no sun at all... I think it would be the 1st time ever.

4. Re: weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:19 pm, September 11, 2009