We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beware Velas Vallarta time share presentation

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Greensboro, NC
1 post
Save Topic
Beware Velas Vallarta time share presentation

Just finished a great week in Puerto Vallarta, with just one really bad experience. This was a time share presentation at the Velas Vallarta that was one of the worst experiences that I have ever had on a vacation. We were lied to by the person who signed us for the presentation, by the people during the presentation, and then by the manager of the property at the conclusion of the property. The presentation lasted mush longer that we were told and we did not get the "trips" that we were promised to endure the presentation. KEEP AWAY!

Spokane, Washington
Level Contributor
566 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beware Velas Vallarta time share presentation

We just got back from 3 weeks in PV, stayed at three different hotels, one of which was Velas Vallarta, this is our favorite place, we always go there, you just have to avoid the timesharks & be on your toes, they'd say something like "want $300.00 US to spend" I told them yeah & I want 6 root canals also!! Believe me its works & they never bother you again. I just know to avoid them from years ago

B.C.Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
11,400 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beware Velas Vallarta time share presentation

Who gets all the goodies they promise?? Not us either!! They don't take No for an answer. We went one time only, lst. and last time. I still can't understand how other people get the goodies. Who does??

Strathmore alta
Level Contributor
11 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beware Velas Vallarta time share presentation

Actually, you can make money on these timeshares if you play your cards right. Mind you sometimes it can be like having a couple of root canals. When you are approached on the street or beach, they offer you trips , bottles of booze, etc,etc. Tell them no way. Then they start to offer you cash. Every year we do one or 2 presentations and WE GET PAID $200 U>S> , plus we always get a blanket or 2 . You just have to put up with the gobbledy gook for up to 3 hours. These guys ; and girls , get paid by the hotel for each person they bring to the hotel. For Candian and American they get $300 for European $400 and the funny thing is they only get $50 or $60 for Mexican Nationals. I found this out several years ago from some sales people. If you can put up with the hassle , and have a spare day make a couple of bucks. Don't try this right at the hotels, they know all the tricks. The street salespeople will pick you up by cab and pay you $200 in pesos before you get to the prersentation, and ask for cab fare back to your hotel , as some of these hotels are quite far out. The hotel wants you to wait for there buses.