We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best adults only for couple in their 40's

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
chicago
Level Contributor
193 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Best adults only for couple in their 40's

Hi...I have only been to PV one time-25 yrs ago!

Can someone recommend a resort? My husband and I like a beautiful beach,pool, lovely room accomodations,beachfront view,good food...We like to rent a car and explore...Like to party once in awhile, but like to return to a quiet place at night.

Don't want to be around kids. We have kids and will be going by ourselves. Thanks....any info would be helpful. We know nothing!

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
8,678 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best adults only for couple in their 40's

Try the Golden Crown Paradise. This is adults only with only a little over 200 rooms. The food and drink are great and the service is excellent. My wife and I leave on Tuesday for 12 days. It's our 5th time at the Golden Crown and 14th time in Vallarta. Next door is the Crown Paradise Club (listed in trip adisor) as Vista Club which is for families. At the Golden, you can use the family facilities but they can not come over to the Golden. Hope this helps.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best adults only for couple in their 40's

If you'd prefer to be in the town of Puerto Vallarta, the Premier is a very nice hotel, walking distance to the Malecon and downtown.

San Pancho, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,109 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best adults only for couple in their 40's

This is wierd but I just responded to the one above you -- sound like you are looking for the same thing. Check out San Pancho (San Francisco). Just 30 minutes from Vallarta with an unspoiled beach, excellent restaurants, live music in a typical sleepy little fishing village. There are a few exclusive and beautiful B&B's there --

Check this site for recommendations at this site by going to the home page of Puerto Vallarta hotels and then clicking on the tab for B&B's about a quarter of the way down the page

chicago
Level Contributor
193 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best adults only for couple in their 40's

thank you! I will check out the above suggestions!

Oakville
Level Contributor
74 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best adults only for couple in their 40's

You may wish to split your vacation between a place like The Premier (downtown Vallarta, adults only--chance to sample some great romantic restaurants) and a few days out of the city: in San Pancho or Casa Las Brisas, the Four Seasons, or even up towards Mascota and Tapa de Allende.

Since you want to rent a car, this would seem to be a good idea.

We're always exploring by car, so if you want some advice about that sort of thing send another post.

Have fun!

Nebraska
Level Contributor
76 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best adults only for couple in their 40's

We stayed at the Premier last April. The Premier is a small, but friendly hotel... not a resort! Beach is small and very rocky, and they have a couple of small pools. This is a small, quaint hotel. Service was good, location was nice and close to dowtown. The resort is so small that there is NO greenspace to walk and a lot of the buildings in the area are not very pleasant to look at. However, if you want to be downtown this would be a nice pick!

Get answers to your questions about Puerto Vallarta