We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best mexican food bargain

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
montana
Level Contributor
40 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
best mexican food bargain

Can anyone tell me a great place for mexican food in PV at a bargain?? Nice size portions and awsome food for dinner around $10-15 a person? My best freind and I will be heading down there on May 3rd for two weeks and she has never really been out of Montana and thinks Taco Bell is mexican food (poor girl).

Any advice from personal experience would be awesome!!

Mentioned in this post
Montana
Montana
United States
killarney, mb...
Level Contributor
185 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best mexican food bargain

We love Pipi's. The fajitas are soooo good. I am not sure about the price but I don't think it was too bad. We had margaritas too - they were pricey but huge and yummmy. A lot of people say Pipi's is a tourist trap type of place but we really enjoyed it and will go back. I was so stuffed when we left. I am sure you will get a lot of feedback on your question. There are so many places to eat in PV.

Mentioned in this post
Pipi's
Pipi's
2,427 Reviews
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best mexican food bargain

"$10-15 a person?"

Bargain? wow for that you can eat very well.

Check out this one

http://vallartainfo.com/polo.html (prices are pesos)

or

http://elarrayan.com.mx/menu.html (prices are pesos)

for much less

Machis BAR.B.Q.

L��zaro C��rdenas # 452, Upstairs.

Nothing on the seafood menu over 95 pesos

San Pancho, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,109 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best mexican food bargain

I agree -- Pipis is terrific -- but there are so many good, cheap restaurants (and also some very pricey ones). But even in the pricier restaurants, choose the Mexican specialities like burritos, fajitas, tamales and tacos and you'll be full, and have a bulging wallet.

Salt Lake City, UT
Level Contributor
60 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: best mexican food bargain

Dear pvpearl...my husband and I also LOVE Pipi's. Besides the fajitas, the chimichanga is filled with 1-1/2 lbs of shredded beef and is large enough to feed 2 or 3 people! If I remember correctly, it is less than $10.00. They bring you chips and salsa, and come around and make FRESH guacamole right at your table. Pipi's is located at the corner of Guadalupe Sanchez and Pipilla. Also, if you get to the Marina Area, try Victor's. It is VERY popular, with tables inside and out (it is at the marina). You might have to wait a while, but the food is good, very reasonable for what you get, and in that European style, they never "hurry" you to leave, so you CAN linger a while over your coffe or after dinner drink. Hope you have a wonderful time.

Mentioned in this post
Pipi's
Pipi's
2,427 Reviews
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico