We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excursions...worth it or just relax?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Elora
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Excursions...worth it or just relax?

My husband and I are going to Nueva Vallarta (staying at the Allegro by Occidental) May 6-13. It is our 10th anniversary and our first trip away without the kids! While we mainly want to just relax we are wondering if any of the tours (eg. Canopy Tour, Rhythms of the Night, Bike Tours,etc.) are worth doing. We're in our late 30's, moderately active (concerned with weight limit as husband >250 lbs and over 6'). I would really appreciate any input. Reading other reviews we will definitely do the bike ride into Bucera. We also are interested in at least one cultural based experience.

Superior Tours Vallarta
Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Taxis & Shuttles, City Tours, Cultural Tours
Charly's Sailing and Sport Fishing
4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Boat Tours, Fishing Charters & Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Boat Rentals
texas
Level Contributor
176 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Excursions...worth it or just relax?

My husband and I are going for our 20th wedding anniversary July 25th for 2 weeks. We like you were planning on the canopy tour. But, after reading about the weight limit I emailed Vallarta Adventures and ask about the weight limit. They said NO ONE over 250 lbs are excepted and they strickly inforce it because of their equipment. I was so dissappointed as that was to be our big tour for our celebration of 20 yrs. If you have never been to PV as an alternative as another suggested try the Sierra Madre Expo. we have done it before and loved every minute of it we plan to do it again this year because it made such a lasting impression on us. It is sad that they can not accomodate heavier people and if your husband is like mine, no fat by no means just a big stout man. Let me know about the Rythms of the Night we were thinking about that for our Anniversary night. Have a great time.