We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in July?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
432 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in July?

I'm thinking of going back to PV for a long weekend in July. I know, I just got back!! I know it will be very hot and humid but I'm wondering how rainy it will be. And what does everyone do on the rainy days? Thanks!

U.S.
Level Contributor
2,124 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in July?

We are going in July also and just got back from going in April. I've asked the same question and I was told that its very hot and humid during the day. If it rains its usually in the evening and it beautiful to watch. I guess the lightening shows over the sea are something to see. Hopefully some more will respond with more details because I'd like to hear again.

Quebec, Canada
Level Contributor
1,831 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in July?

soloadventurer: again!! just kidding!

We are also going in July for 3 weeks!! Information provided by the experts here and from other research, the info is the same meaning: definite rainy periods mostly in the evenings and overnight. Spectacular lightning shows for free...Days should be hot, humid and sunny. As for rainy days, reading, shopping or sitting on my covered balcony taking it all in... All I ask is that is does not rain on July 28th from 8 to 10pm when we will be celebrating our wedding anniversary at Barcelona Tapas......our front row table is already reserved!!

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
5,291 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in July?

soloadventurer....go for it! You're the adventurer type, I am sure you will love it just as much as your recent trip...do you like to swim? That is what I do during the day...I live in the water...and play at night!

California
Level Contributor
10,720 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in July?

I went two years ago in July. The rain would come in the late evening. I think we had rain about 4 nights out of 6. The only time we got caught in it was when we had decided to go to Daquiri Dicks for dinner. We boarded the bus at the Marina and about halfway there, it started raining. The end of the line was about 3 blocks from DD's and we had to run through the rain.

The waitstaff was quick to bring us a towel when we arrived. : ) I'm sure we looked a mess, but had a lovely dinner.

Daytime would be hot and humid, but there would be just enough breeze so you weren't terribly uncomfortable. Bring extra clothing if you don't have access to laundry though. I went through more changes of clothing than expected due to perspiration.

I did notice that the Marina boardwalk area was hotter and more uncomfortable than most other areas. It's very sheltered from any breezes.

mexico
Level Contributor
659 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in July?

here are the averages of all weather of vallarta

www.weatherbase.com/weather/weatherall.php3…

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
432 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather in July?

Thanks for the advice....I am going to book my ticket. Night rain and the lightning show sound like fun, no problem. I was worried it would be raining nonstop during the day. I guess I didn't get enough of PV the first time so I have to return. I also met someone that I didn't get enough of the first time........:) So I have to return!

Fort Collins...
Level Contributor
139 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather in July?

I just came back from P.V. on the 31st of May. The day I left it was so hot and humid. I guess I just don't do well in the humid weather.

My Husband is working down there and we live in Baja California. I am thinking about going back just to be with him as this is not fun being 2000 miles away.

How cool for you to meet someone there that you would like to spend more time with. ( Love)??? I wish you a wonderful visit.

And stay in the pool like we did and it helps a whole lot.

Baja Vicki

quebec, canada
Level Contributor
261 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather in July?

soloadventurer: wow!! sounds like you had a 'VERY NICE TRIP INDEAD"....lol...how wonderful for you. You go on back then and have a great time.....

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
432 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather in July?

Baja Vicki - I got back from PV on May 31 too! It was very hot! And no, it's not love. I just met someone that I had a spark with and not enough time with. It seems like you always meet the really great people at the end of your trip and you wish you had more time. So I'm not going back just for him but that would be a nice plus if we get to spend time together.

Nashville,TN
Level Contributor
101 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Weather in July?

I just returned from Nuevo Vallarta and in the afternoons it was very windy. Is it so windy in July also? I never remember PV being so windy this time of year.