We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

pesos

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver, B.C.
1 post
Save Topic
pesos

Is it better to take canadian dollars down and convert to pesos' or should I change my dollars in Canada. Also is there a Web page I could use to check out what the exchange rate might be

puerto vallarta...
Level Contributor
378 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: pesos

You are always going to come out ahead by paying for things in pesos. The rates here fluctuate daily. Numerous websites to check rates as well, check your bank. You can change your money at the banks (9am to 1pm only), money exchange but the best rate will be using your ATM card where you will only get pesos. Then, you won��t have to bring large amounts of $$ with you!

Manitoba, Canada
Level Contributor
156 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: pesos

I am going on my 3rd trip down to Mexico! Advice is...take Canadian travelers cheques...and convert there! It's really easy to do! As well, you do get a better rate from the ATM machines! I would convert about $100 Canadian up here, just to get you through the first day or so! Our dollar is doing great...it's a really good time to go down south for us! Hope this helps!

Coreen

winnipeg canada
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: pesos

the webside for exchange rate is:

universal currency