We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
TripAdvisor
Puerto Vallarta
Search

Beach close to Puerto Vallarta Cruise terminal

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
1 post
Beach close to Puerto Vallarta Cruise terminal
Save

I was wondering if anyone knew of a good place close to the cruise port (walking or short ride) where I can take my 4 yrd old so she can play on the beach???? I refuse to pay $100+ on a shore excursion for her to just play on the sand for a little bit. Thank you in advance

6 replies to this topic
Pacific Latitiude...
Level Contributor
1,579 posts
112 reviews
83 helpful votes
1. Re: Beach close to Puerto Vallarta Cruise terminal
Save

You could try the beach just immediately south of the terminal. Head west out the south exit. If you do not like it, no harm done.

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
416 posts
49 reviews
18 helpful votes
2. Re: Beach close to Puerto Vallarta Cruise terminal
Save

Here is a map of the area. Closest beach is one kcowan suggested.

https://vallartainfo.com/hotel-zone/

Edited: 11:56 am, December 23, 2018
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
28,529 posts
3. Re: Beach close to Puerto Vallarta Cruise terminal
Save

Just one question, how are you going to manage bathroom breaks and if your four-year-old wants something to drink or eat?

Because there are no facilities or amenities on the beach mentioned that are available to the public. You'll have to bring it with you, and then try to find bathrooms.

I realize that you don't want to pay $100, but there are less expensive day passes out there.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
4,575 posts
40 reviews
13 helpful votes
4. Re: Beach close to Puerto Vallarta Cruise terminal
Save

Keith has the closest beach but not very exciting for the adults.

I would grab a taxi down to the new pier $7 & just south of the pier (30ft) is where all the kids play plus the adults can get food, drinks, washrooms etc.

As you walk off the pier the street straight ahead, a very short pedestrian precinct has stores to buy buckets & spades etc for treasure digging. Also lots of places to eat, Dee's coffee house is great watch for the sign, looks like a Starbucks.

Edited: 12:32 pm, December 23, 2018
AR
Level Contributor
3,798 posts
9 reviews
35 helpful votes
5. Re: Beach close to Puerto Vallarta Cruise terminal
Save

That beach mentioned in #1 is Playa d’Oro. If you go past the first resort and past a small hotel, you will come to the beach club for Hacienda Buenaventura. If the hotel is not full during the time you are there, you can get a day pass for $15-20 US per adult for the day. That would include use of loungers, palapa and bathrooms. Sometimes that includes a drink or snack, too. Don’t know what present regulation is, but in the past, I have seen the day pass sold at the hotel front desk (about 1.5 blocks away) and at the beach club itself. Many children on the beach around there. If you don’t need facilities, you can just use the beach.

Edited: 5:57 pm, December 23, 2018
Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
1,360 posts
11 reviews
18 helpful votes
6. Re: Beach close to Puerto Vallarta Cruise terminal
Save

When you exit the Maritime Terminal at the south entrance you will see a restaurant with bathrooms. Also right outside the washrooms is a small flea market to pass some time at. Just south of the flea market is a chain link fence if I recall correctly. Walk down the short path towards the ocean and you will find the opening to the beginning of the beach mentioned by the previous people. You can play in the sand there or walk down the beach towards Hacienda Beach Club. You will know you are at the club because of another general flea market setup on the beach beside the entrance to Hacienda area where the washrooms are and food and liquor served. Pretty sure if you needed a potty break the security people would let you use them. Maybe slip them 20 pesos or a US buck. Coins are no good. Also if you walk a block in from the beach at that location, you will find a way back towards the Marina terminal. If you need to buy some drinks or snacks, there is an Oxxo (7-11) I believe a few blocks to the right of the entrance to the beach club. Also wouldn't hurt to ask the bartender if you can purchase something from them. But yes you can hit the beach a very short 15 minute walk from the marina.

Edited: 11:24 am, December 24, 2018
Reply to: Beach close to Puerto Vallarta Cruise terminal
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted