We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi rate from over the bridge to PLA?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
290 posts
59 reviews
Taxi rate from over the bridge to PLA?

Hello,

One last question and I should be all set for my visit next month. Does anyone know the current taxi rate from over the pedestrian bridge at the airport to Playa Los Arcos? Gotta stop at Tacon de Marlin for a shrimp burrito before heading to the hotel. As always thanks in advance for any replies!

7 replies to this topic
Seattle
Level Contributor
51,294 posts
22 reviews
1. Re: Taxi rate from over the bridge to PLA?

180-200 peso

Texas Gulf Coast...
Level Contributor
8,067 posts
133 reviews
2. Re: Taxi rate from over the bridge to PLA?

suze2you is exactly correct. Just make sure to have the driver agree to this price, *before* you get into the cab. Safe travels.

¡Diviértanse!

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
3,496 posts
66 reviews
3. Re: Taxi rate from over the bridge to PLA?

This fare tends to padded for Gringos like all the other taxi fares because many report it is 2/3 the price of the official airport taxi, when in reality it is roughly a little more than half. The last time I used them was Pre-Uber and it was 185 pesos to the same area. 200 would be my max. No way I would pay more than that.

Edited: 8:54 am, September 25, 2018
Seattle
Level Contributor
51,294 posts
22 reviews
4. Re: Taxi rate from over the bridge to PLA?

Airport federal taxi is 345 peso. Yellow town taxi 180-200. You do the math :)

Merida, Mexico
Level Contributor
5,668 posts
169 reviews
5. Re: Taxi rate from over the bridge to PLA?

Uber will be around 100 pesos

Texas Gulf Coast...
Level Contributor
8,067 posts
133 reviews
6. Re: Taxi rate from over the bridge to PLA?

I totally missed your comment about needing a shrimp burrito from Tacón de Marlin Mazatlanbound; that is my mandatory 1st stop upon arrival too (always). However I go for the combo: smoked marlin and shrimp.

I find it simply delicious how the savings on the taxi (i.e. city taxi {over the pedestrian bridge} vs. Federal Taxi -or- roughly $140 - 165 Mxn pesos savings) will cover the cost of my burrito, an ice cold beer, and tip for the waiter!! And then I can make my leisurely way to my hotel/resort/condo with a full belly, a smile on my face, and the taste of Mexico still on my lips!! I'm on Mexican time man: mañana por mañana. I just don't understand those still on NOTB time (i.e. rushing out of the airport, rushing to the hotel/resort/condo etc.); I detoxed on the ~ 2 hr + flight down.....

¡Diviértanse!

Aylmer, Canada
Level Contributor
2,696 posts
17 reviews
7. Re: Taxi rate from over the bridge to PLA?

Lonestar I hear you about the shrimp at Tacon de Marlin! I love the shrimp burritos and nice cold one. I can still taste the last one I had in March :-)

I too suggest the taxi over the bridge, it's a lot cheaper than those right at the airport.

Reply to: Taxi rate from over the bridge to PLA?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted