We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Raining all week?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
6 posts
Raining all week?

Hi I’ll be in PV on Tuesday and nervous about the weather! Will it rain all day everyday? Is there anyone there now?

18 replies to this topic
Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
2,134 posts
13 reviews
1. Re: Raining all week?

Why would you think it will rain all day every day?

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
28,028 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Raining all week?

The webcams are all there now. I'd check those.

Those and the dozens of weather threads posted here over the past few weeks.

Thunder Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
239 posts
8 reviews
3. Re: Raining all week?

there is a better chance of snow happening in PV then rain falling all day every day

Texas Gulf Coast...
Level Contributor
8,041 posts
133 reviews
4. Re: Raining all week?

Simone D,

You may get rain at some point each day (usually late afternoon or overnight) as it is the rainy season after all; but it is very highly unlikely that it will rain all day everyday. The only exception to this might be if a hurricane or tropical system somehow manages to come ashore and into the Bahia de Banderas.

However this too is highly unlikely, as the mountains to the South of Puerto Vallarta protect the community of Puerto Vallarta and the surrounding area from most tropical systems. Hope this helps, safe travels.

¡Diviértanse!

Edited: 12:57 am, September 24, 2018
Canada
Level Contributor
3,195 posts
5. Re: Raining all week?

So far this has been the least rainy of the rainy seasons that I have been here. With few exceptions the days have been great but very humid. The typical late afternoon rains have not been happening and there have been more nights without rain than with rain. Even when it does rain it generally has been lasting only about 90 minutes. Unless there is a drastic change over the next few days, you have nothing to worry about.

6 posts
6. Re: Raining all week?

Okay thanks! I’m asking because my phone weather app says it’s going to be raining all day. Brought a lot of bathing suits! Wanted to make sure I got a lot of pool time and we are going Zip lining and to Las Caletas, so just wanted to make sure!

Shawnee, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
17,593 posts
119 reviews
7. Re: Raining all week?

Here's a couple links to the webcams...I couldn't get Langostino's picture this morning, but it will eventually be working.

http://www.cuatesycuetes.com/

https://langostinos.click2stream.com/

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
2,134 posts
13 reviews
8. Re: Raining all week?

As has been mentioned countless times, weather apps are not to be relied on for PV weather - ever.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
2,815 posts
80 reviews
9. Re: Raining all week?

Wife and I spent part of the afternoon at Sea Monkey yesterday. Weather was stunning and rather hot. Clouds roll in most nights but I don’t remember rain last night. Today looks like it’s starting peachy. Cheers. K

Seattle
Level Contributor
51,234 posts
22 reviews
10. Re: Raining all week?

It is better to look at a webcam to see what the weather is in Vallarta at any given time or listen to the people living there and posting here, instead of look at apps or online forecasts.

Edited: 11:48 am, September 24, 2018
Reply to: Raining all week?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted