We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunset Plaza construction

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Level Contributor
9 posts
14 reviews
Sunset Plaza construction

Hello,

I am considering booking a stay at Sunset Plaza in December. Has anyone seen the recent construction and can describe it? Does it interfere with any pool/beach views?

Thank you!

19 replies to this topic
Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
9,973 posts
170 reviews
1. Re: Sunset Plaza construction

Have you checked their website: https:/…

Level Contributor
9 posts
14 reviews
2. Re: Sunset Plaza construction

Thanks for your reply! Yes, I have seen that. However, I was hoping to hear a more recent, first-hand experience from a traveler.

Branford...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
8,100 posts
17 reviews
3. Re: Sunset Plaza construction

The new construction does not interfere with view, this is major construction on the south side of the property of another tower mirroring the original one; we are going in November and opted out, staying at the Buenaventura Grande. With the amount of construction and the hotels grand opening not until January 2019 you may find some good rates if you don’t mind the inconvenience.

Level Contributor
9 posts
14 reviews
4. Re: Sunset Plaza construction

Thank you!

5. Re: Sunset Plaza construction

I am planning to go in February 2019. Anyone knows if there is still a chance of construction / noise at that point or everything will be finished past the grand re-opening ?

Edited: 10:54 am, October 01, 2018
Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
10,021 posts
112 reviews
6. Re: Sunset Plaza construction

Is that all they are doing is another tower or rooms? Will the extra people not affect service/ restaurants and pool?

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
299 posts
42 reviews
7. Re: Sunset Plaza construction

My understanding is there will be another pool and restaurants but that it will not be finished for awhile so there is to be ongoing construction for how long I don't know. Eventually there will be another tower on the other side or so their pics in the business center just off the lobby showed. If you want more info you should contact them directly.

Level Contributor
9 posts
14 reviews
8. Re: Sunset Plaza construction

I will be there Dec. 17-21 and will report back on my experience, if that will be helpful!

Cottage Grove...
Level Contributor
124 posts
1 review
9. Re: Sunset Plaza construction

My folks will be there in a couple weeks. I can report from them as well.

Level Contributor
141 posts
10 reviews
10. Re: Sunset Plaza construction

I will be staying at the Sunset for a couple of days in December and for a week in February. When I called to confirm my dates with the hotel I was told that construction would be going on until the Spring of 2020, so I am expecting daytime noise. But I was assured that their high level of service wouldn't be compromised. I will report back as well.

Reply to: Sunset Plaza construction
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted