We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to go???

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
7 posts
Save Topic
Where to go???

Four girlfriends (early twenties) and I are planning on going away in February. We are looking for an all-inclusive resort and are willing to pay up to $2000 Cdn each. We do not want the 24-7 party of Cancun which is why we were looking into PV. However, we are looking for some nightlife. We would also like to stay at a resort where the beach is beautliful and clean, and the food is decent. Would anybody be able to recommend anywhere in PV that might fit this description. Thanks ahead of time.

St. Louis, MO USA
Level Contributor
2,135 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to go???

I would stay at the Paradise Village Club (Canadian owned) and that is in Nuevo Vallarta. I have a timeshare there and it is nice, very nice! Water is cleaner and so is the beach. Lots of things to do because this place is HUGE!!! The owners actually live there on the property too. NV is about 20 min from PV and it doesn't take too long to get to downtown for the night if you want to go. If you stay out in NV I would rent a car. The roads are nice and there isn't too much crazy driving in PV like there is in Cancun. The police are a lot more strict there and traffic laws are pretty much followed as far as I could see.

Kansas City, MO
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to go???

We have always stayed at the Krystal Puerto Vallarta south of the marine ... it has five restaurants and a disco on site, and is a five minute cab ride to downtown. It's nice enough ... cobblestone village kind of feel. You could rent two villas (they adjoin each other, have a common covered patio area and a small private pool so you don't have to go to the main pool if you don't want to.) This year, we are trying out the Melia in Marina Vallarta ... the Marina has lots of things going on and you can stay at the Melia all-inclusive if you want. If you want to party sometimes but stay close to your hotel, I'd stay at the Krystal or the Sheraton (recently renovated) ... or somewhere in that area. Nuevo Vallarta is a bit of a drive/cab ride after a night out!

Wi
Level Contributor
1,288 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to go???

When in Feb. are you going? Nv is great and ther beaches are better but the travel to town can be pricey.... It real doesn't matter where you stay it comes down to how much u want to spend for travel.... nightlife is happening way closer to downtown than at the resorts in NV. If you want a cheap place to stay and close to downtown try Holiday inn.

Get answers to your questions about Puerto Vallarta