We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

trip report of Crown Paradise Golden Resort

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
724 posts
63 reviews
trip report of Crown Paradise Golden Resort

Not a bad place

So our last week we decided to stay closer to PV and chose the CPGR. The driveway into the resort, I thought omg where are we going! The hotel is older and dated but they are making improvements, such as new elevators. Staff was really great, maids bar staff and front desk all very polite and friendly. The rooms are dated but the beds and pillows far exceed anywhere else we have stayed. Unfortunately for us we got room 1212 which is right outside the buffet and the lobby bar. Forget about sleeping until 1am and waking up at 5am when they start up the buffet. I suppose we could have moved but the hotel seemed pretty full so we managed for the week. NOTE: do not stay on these lower floors outside the buffet. We met folks on the upper floors that didn't hear a thing and slept well. We didn't have an issue getting a pool chair most days but it was a lot of shuffling. What is with these jerks who put a towel down and then screw off for the day. Then there's the folks from the USA who book four chairs, two in the shade and two in the sun so when they need shade they can waddle over and use up two more chairs. Lazy jerks. The infinity pool is very nice, small but nice and a tad to warm for us. The only refreshing part was getting out, LOL. They have some fun games we played and good entertainment staff. It is not a noisy pool but it is not the "quite" pool one would expect at an Adult only pool. However over by the condo's they have a very quite adult pool, which is tiny but it does the job. We didn't do any of the ala cart dining options, I refuse to wear pants in Mexico so they wouldn't let me in. I also refuse to phone for a reservation to be put on hold for some twenty minutes and then be told the lady is on break. The buffet was just that a three star buffet. and it is very small, we ate salad most days. There is an Outback Steak House just down the road that was very good and very reasonably priced. They stocked the fridge with two beer and water everyday. If we needed more they were very fast. The canopy beds on the beach are a real hit and I must say we enjoyed them very much! I just cant say enough about the staff, I can see why people go back year after year. Unfortunately for us we will not go back unless they lower the price. We stayed at the RIU Palace in NV for three weeks prior and we actually paid $300 a week less there. Yes I know CPGR is not a five star and I am not comparing that detail of the trip. I think next year we will try even closer to town. It was nice not to have to cab everywhere or take the long bus rides. (did miss the bus rides). They also seem to run out of top shelf booze a lot. some bars had it some didn't. They never had Baileys, just some homemade concoction. Any questions please ask.

18 replies to this topic
Naperville, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
10,443 posts
42 reviews
1. Re: trip report of Crown Paradise Golden Resort

When I saw your intro, "Not a bad place", I thought I was going to be reading about a fairly mediocre trip. I was pleasantly surprised to learn that you had a pretty good time at the CPRG.

Thanks for taking the time to write your report for us!

San Antonio...
Destination Expert
for Chapala, Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta, Ajijic, Chapala
Level Contributor
14,352 posts
610 reviews
2. Re: trip report of Crown Paradise Golden Resort

thank you for taking the time to share your trip report with us.

California
Level Contributor
203 posts
15 reviews
3. Re: trip report of Crown Paradise Golden Resort

I'm glad you left this review! I am headed to the CPG in just a few weeks and have never been!

|Wisconsin Rapids...
Level Contributor
885 posts
5 reviews
4. Re: trip report of Crown Paradise Golden Resort

Thanks for sharing your trip report! Was nice spending time with you guys! And we are glad to hear that you are considering staying closer to town in the future! :) Take care and we will see you next year!

The Cheeseheads!

Level Contributor
34 posts
8 reviews
5. Re: trip report of Crown Paradise Golden Resort

One month until we arrive. It sound like exactly what we are expecting. Thanks for the review

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
9,013 posts
52 reviews
6. Re: trip report of Crown Paradise Golden Resort

We stayed at the GCP many times years ago. One time we were paired in a van from the airport with another couple. A repeat for us but there first. When the driver turned down the road (it ea dirt then) I thought the lady was going to have a heart attack. Saw them around the pool a day or so later and she was fine but said that first impression shocked het.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
724 posts
63 reviews
7. Re: trip report of Crown Paradise Golden Resort

Yes Senorbobo

That is quite the entrance, my heart is still not skipped back to the original beat! LOL

One day I'll save enough to stay at the Dreams where you go! you can buy the first round! LOL

Cheers

Edited: 1:54 pm, March 19, 2018
Oregon Coast, Oregon
Level Contributor
2,071 posts
68 reviews
8. Re: trip report of Crown Paradise Golden Resort

Sorry about the "lazy jerks from the USA" who reserve chairs. I've never seen anyone from Canada do that in PV.

Oklahoma
Level Contributor
1,052 posts
58 reviews
9. Re: trip report of Crown Paradise Golden Resort

Dugfir....I had the exact same thought as you!😂

Mount Vernon...
Level Contributor
368 posts
178 reviews
10. Re: trip report of Crown Paradise Golden Resort

Did Crown Paradise Golden Resort use to be Playa De Oro Resort years ago?

Reply to: trip report of Crown Paradise Golden Resort
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted