We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

short trip report---for me at least---don'tcha think?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Poland, Ohio
Level Contributor
9,593 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
short trip report---for me at least---don'tcha think?

after the flight or should i say flights from hell, we finally got here. and here we are.

sunday had hubby and i going to church at santa cruz. that church is beautiful. everytime we go there, i see something else. before mass we went over to hacienda de carlota for some coffee. all you nacho fans, he is doing well. he is working there by day, casa isabel by night. for those of who don't know--he was a very longtime waiter at langostinos.

kansas and mr. kansas met us on the beach. my boys are not there at the moment. long story short---we don't know these new guys---so i won't be flying anytime soon unless my friends start working again. hubby said the beach didn't feel the same without them.

we all ate at daiquari dicks. i love the mahi mahi wrap, hubs had blt,kansas same as me, mr. kansas machaca--yum.

dinner was at vitea. the ravioli stuffed with portabella mushroom and eggplant is divine. we split a greek salad. he loved the ravs. kansas and mr. kansas had penne carbonara.

we went to the crowded processions---then hit langostinos for nightcaps.

i have this diamond watch that stopped working years ago. i brought it to a jeweler in my town who looked at it and told me it would cost $60-$100 to fix. i let it go. this morning hubs and i stopped on the bridge and asked mario the watch repair man to look at it. he took the back off, played around inside, put a new battery in and it cost me $150p---thank you barry kessler.

we ate breaky at ia fuente de puente--very good chilaquiles/ fruit yogurt and cinamon bread.

we beached it and my boys showed up and sat with us. we have our tshirts ready to march tomorrow.

a new restaurant/bar has just opened where utopia was right below the i. vallarta bridge. devils sports bar. alan and melinda from devis on the malecon's new "adventure" as she calls it. it's gonna be a winner---beautiful river setting.

went to the processions again-----not one bit of breathing room---every spot was taken. flan and brownie at cafe vayan(back to our old tricks again) called it a day.

dang this was longer than i thought. sorry

forgot to mention ---we met the momma---mexicomomma that is. she wasn't expecting us. how rude!!

Edited: 12:48 am, December 12, 2017
35 replies to this topic
Crystal Beach, Texas
Level Contributor
2,264 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: short trip report---for me at least---don'tcha think?

Thanks for the long awaited trip report. I love to know where and what everyone is eating. I enjoy the sights and sounds of the processions but it sounds to me like they are way more crowded this year.. I guess tonight will be the loudest and largest. Enjoy!🎉🍻🍸🎉

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
9,646 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: short trip report---for me at least---don'tcha think?

Mouth is watering - you do PV style just like me. Food, beach, friends. It's all good. Provecho!

Edited: 7:45 am, December 12, 2017
Poland, Ohio
Level Contributor
9,593 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: short trip report---for me at least---don'tcha think?

thx guys. yes the processions are so so very crowded---you can't move. my hubby is having balance problems so he can't even march. it's almost impossible to get near the church too. kansas, hubs

, and i did make it in sunday so that i could put my rose on the altar---but it was rough.

we all got our t shirts to march and it's set for 5:30 tonight----but i'm still wondering about what to do. i'll be seeing pepe and chuy on the beach today so we'll talk about it.

it is so good to say hi to all the familiar faces here. love talking to all the vendors, strangers---everyone is so friendly!!! pv is not only walkable but talkable.

to those going to the meet and greet---i may not be there so have yourselves a blast!! maybe we could hook up at a bar later in the week for hh.

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
3,054 posts
591 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: short trip report---for me at least---don'tcha think?

":a new restaurant/bar has just opened where utopia was right below the i. vallarta bridge. devils sports bar. alan and melinda from devis on the malecon's new "adventure" as she calls it. it's gonna be a winner---beautiful river setting."

Good to know. We had drinks in the garden along the river at Utopia, last trip. It was quiet & lovely. Thanks for bringing back so many memories. One week to go & we will be living the PV life style.

Fred:That is how we celebrate PV, too.:)

Seattle, Wa
Level Contributor
459 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: short trip report---for me at least---don'tcha think?

I need a watch fixed (new battery), where is Mario the "repair" man located?? Thanks!

Redlands, California
Level Contributor
5,418 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: short trip report---for me at least---don'tcha think?

I love your trip reports! Please keep them coming. If you see that sweet Mexicomommchicago, give her a hug from me.

San Antonio...
Destination Expert
for Chapala, Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta, Ajijic, Chapala
Level Contributor
14,098 posts
598 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: short trip report---for me at least---don'tcha think?

Great read and sounds like fun time. Hugs to all of you but am extra one to Mexicomom if u see her and Mr mom also.

Keep enjoying. Processions for virgin here also..right down my street..nice but my poor dogs do not like. Lol.

Keep enjoying..and keep the reports coming..

Pinellas Park...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
3,876 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: short trip report---for me at least---don'tcha think?

Devils Bar new location or should I specify second location has happy hour from 5:00-7:00 16 oz margaritas 50 pesos and they are GOOD!

Edited: 3:06 pm, December 12, 2017
Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
5,291 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: short trip report---for me at least---don'tcha think?

sounds like a perfect time so far!!!!! love you trip reports!!! keep enjoying!!!

Poland, Ohio
Level Contributor
9,593 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: short trip report---for me at least---don'tcha think?

irishgirl---mario is right on insurgentes bridge. you can't miss him---he stands by steps going down to the island below.

does that help?

Reply to: short trip report---for me at least---don'tcha think?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted