We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
United States
Level Contributor
50 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Weather

We're heading down next Thursday to Tuesday for a family vacation. We planned it for December thinking that would give us abundant sunshine and warm weather. Unfortunately, rain is predicted for every day that we're there. My question is, this time of year are the rains usually quick to pass or are there all day rain events? We're really hoping for some beach time and exploring the city (without raincoats!). Thanks in advance for any insight you may have!

110 replies to this topic
Jalisco, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Rincon de Guayabitos
Level Contributor
5,198 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather

I am about 40 mile north of PV and it rained all night and continues to rain this morning...

United States
Level Contributor
50 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather

Bummer! Thanks for the info.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
4,594 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather

Rain is very unusual this time of year. You will get plenty of beach time.

United States
Level Contributor
50 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather

Thanks, Alberta-traveler. That's what I thought, but rain and cloudiness is predicted every day that we're there.

Shawnee, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
17,465 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather

I'm in the Romantic Zone and the weather has been sunny and beautiful every day for 2 weeks so far. This morning we woke to overcast skies and it did look like it was raining to the north. But, it's a little brighter now at 11:15, so may clear up this afternoon. Try not to worry too much, those forecasts aren't always accurate.

United States
Level Contributor
50 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather

Sounds like we may have planned a week too late! I'm sure it won't be a complete washout though. Thanks!

Seattle
Level Contributor
50,703 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather

It won't rain 24/7 for six days this time of year. Just go! :-)

Level Contributor
243 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather

It rained this morning for about an hour in Zona Romantica. The skies have been overcast all day, feels like ‘rainy season’.

Surrey, Canada
Level Contributor
6,377 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather

We are at Playa Los Arcos and didn't see any rain

Shawnee, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
17,465 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Weather

We didn't see any rain in ZR yesterday either. But it's sunny and bright this morning!

Reply to: Weather
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted