We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Great food at processions?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
474 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Great food at processions?

Arrive tomorrow and can't wait to get down to the square in front of the church. That whole area fills up with the best food stands and I'm going to see them all.

Anyone found any gems there this year?

7 replies to this topic
Merida, Mexico
Level Contributor
5,663 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Great food at processions?

Not sure about any "great food" - my experience had been that it's the typical street vendors and hot food will be something like hot dogs, churros , popcorn etc

Twin Bridges...
Level Contributor
1,467 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Great food at processions?

Tamales, tacos, corn, all sorts of drinks and of course sweets. At least 20 or so places in and around the plaza area. Had tacos last night which were delish, have no idea how to tell you where they were. I’m sure you’ll find something that will tickle your palate.

Edited: 9:55 pm, December 07, 2017
Ont.Canada
Level Contributor
4,410 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Great food at processions?

Yes the square seems to be very busy with food vendors this year but I also like the one on the side streets along the parade route & of course the bags of mandarin oranges 😁

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
749 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Great food at processions?

Very near the church-there is a stand that sells pacholas and potatoes. Been eating there for years.

Pacholas are hard to explain - huge flour tortilla with a large ground beef patty, cheeses, beans, other condiments and a huge radish “flower.” Delicious! Nice people also.

Enjoy!

Cheers

Deanna

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
137 posts
332 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Great food at processions?

We've been going down to the plaza/parades the last three nights. Full from lunch the first night so only had dessert😋 Last night had an al pastor from the side streets. Thanks Ian for that tip. Tonight we got the potato from the place near the church. Delicious. Thanks for that info d from Dallas. Also got a cup of corn roasted with poblano and topped with cheese from a vendor behind the naval museum. I'm going back there!

Edited: 10:45 pm, December 10, 2017
Poland, Ohio
Level Contributor
9,591 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Great food at processions?

kansas, hubby, and i went to the processions tonight. it was PACKED! breathing room only. there were more food vendors than when i was there before---also lots of vendors selling things. sorry i can't help you about the food as we had dinner before we went---but stuff looked yummy.

i'm sure you'll enjoy

Pleasanton...
Level Contributor
14 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Great food at processions?

Well, it’s over now but we found the one and only (as far as we know) pellizcada stand. OMG, Mexican sopes made right there. I had a chincharon. If you explore the side streets off the main “Calle de los peregrinos” you can find all sorts of street tacos. My favorite was tripe but you can get eyes, lips, tongue, cheeks. And of course pastor pork. All tacos were about $.60 US. The best!!!!

Reply to: Great food at processions?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted