We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Las palmas vs Krystal

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
9,808 posts
108 reviews
Save Topic
Las palmas vs Krystal

Stayed at las palmas way back in 98, lol assume not much has changed? I find prices are extremely high this year and it really is putting a damper on hotel choices. So looking at las palmas and Krystal. Which one and why? Can I really think Krystal is a notch above las palmas?

41 replies to this topic
Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
13,180 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Las palmas vs Krystal

Krystal Vallarta has quite a bit of construction noise right now. Hard to say when it will be done,

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
9,808 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Las palmas vs Krystal

Surprised it's so expensive still then.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
13,180 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Las palmas vs Krystal

There isn't much noise at the beachfront tower, so that might be worth it. Also you didn't say when you would be going. Should be fone by March of next year.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
27,821 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Las palmas vs Krystal

"Stayed at las palmas way back in 98, lol assume not much has changed?"

It would be surprising to have a hotel change absolutely nothing in almost 20 years, so I suspect that's not the case.

It's also probably a lot more expensive this year because PV is anticipating another record occupancy level like this past winter. Why would they lower prices when nobody has to? (-;

Branford...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
7,829 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Las palmas vs Krystal

The Krystal is a much nicer property, if you're finding these both priced the same I'd book the Krystal -- nicer accommodations, bigger beach and more dining options; and if you're traveling over 'spring break' Las Palmas is spring break party central, I'd take the noise of construction at Krystal over that any time!

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
9,808 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Las palmas vs Krystal

Thx. From the reviews I have read it sounds like not much has changed at las palmas. That's all. Still looks the same too. We're looking for New Years currently. Krystal is more $$$

I had no idea that pv was expecting anything diffrent this year or this year. How do they really know if it's going to be super busy or higher then prior years??? All I know if prices are terribly high! Looking st the same dates as last year, the same hotel is $1100 more with transat and a whopping 2200 more with West jet!! Sorry but that's Insane!!!! I'm not talking a few hundred, who will pay that! That's a lot! Sorry but villas Vallarta isn't worth 6900 bucks for 2 adults and 1 child! How can they expect it higher with those crazy prices?? I would think people like myself will just go elsewhere, go somewhere else affordable! I can get a 5 star in the Mayan for what I can get for a 3 star in pv!

Edited: 10:56 pm, October 19, 2017
Vancouver, B.C.
Level Contributor
3,350 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Las palmas vs Krystal

It's so crazy this year. Mayan is more than PV for Vancouver. We are going before Christmas and it's reasonable - triples in price over Christmas. You should go to the Mayan! I would in a heartbeat.

Edited: 11:49 pm, October 19, 2017
Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
9,808 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Las palmas vs Krystal

For our dates there is one I'm watching. Not much choice over there either. But yes triple the prices this year. I've never seen them this high ever. In the end I can't be picky this year, I would rather go to pv over the Mayan any day but price will get me this year....

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
27,821 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Las palmas vs Krystal

They can tell when things will be busy based on advanced booking occupancy rates. Then you can add people rebooking based on places in other locations receiving hurricane damage.

Who will pay it? Obviously someone is, because occupancy rates are north of 60-70% estimates already.

Not rocket science. Supply and demand capitalism. Want cheaper vacations? Choose a time other than the most expensive time of year to go. *shrug*

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
9,808 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Las palmas vs Krystal

I will once my son is done school! But until then I don't have a choice. So I will do what I can to continue our yearly vacations. Of course we love going to pv for New Years yearly and want to continue it but if it means double the price I will look elsewhere. That 2200 that is on top of last years price is half my spring breAk trip. I don't mind going to a basic resort like we did last year at villas but I just can't justify over 6000 for that place!

I don't know the in and outs of the hotel industry so I honestly didn't know how they knew when a busy year was going to be had or not. Not rocket science for some like you but for me I honestly had no clue. In all fairness my post wasn't about all this jibber jabber anyway. I wanted to know about las palmas vs Krystal to help make a decision if I should even keep pv in the running in my list for choices. It's been so long since I've been at las palmas I honestly didn't know what has changed, in the reviews it doesn't sound like lots. Never stayed at Krystal and don't know anyone personally that has either. So it's all in just finding out little bits of info to help me make a decision

Edited: 1:45 pm, October 20, 2017
Reply to: Las palmas vs Krystal
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted