We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

American Thanksgiving Restaurant Suggestions

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
San Antonio...
Destination Expert
for Chapala, Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta, Ajijic, Chapala
Level Contributor
14,066 posts
597 reviews
Save Topic
American Thanksgiving Restaurant Suggestions

In PV over this holiday..suggestions on where yo get a good American thankshiving dinner.

Thanks in advance..

35 replies to this topic
Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
9,619 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: American Thanksgiving Restaurant Suggestions

Unless something has changed both Daiquiri Dick's and Coco Tropical have hosted a classic US style Thanksgiving dinner in the past. Most of the big tourist hotels do, too.

San Antonio...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,066 posts
597 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: American Thanksgiving Restaurant Suggestions

Thanks Fred...I want good not rinny potatoes, lumpy gravy, so on. So yes I know many places do it but looking for suggestions of very good food..for that holiday..not everyone can do a good turkey lol.

Your suggestions you have tried or no?

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
9,619 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: American Thanksgiving Restaurant Suggestions

Done both Daiquiri Dick's and Coco Tropical - both good - not as good as I do at home but sure is a lot less work - lol.

Sumner, Washington
Level Contributor
1,063 posts
429 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: American Thanksgiving Restaurant Suggestions

We enjoyed a very good Thanksgiving dinner last year at Daiqurii Dicks. Four at our table did enjoy their "thanksgiving dinner" I had a very nicely cooked steak. Service was very good for such a busy day. Do make reservations. We finished the evening with after dinner drinks at La Palapa

Sumner, Washington
Level Contributor
1,063 posts
429 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: American Thanksgiving Restaurant Suggestions

LOL. After looking at my review from last Thanksgiving. that night I had a very good shrimp dish. Giant Prawns in lemon butter beurre blanc served with mashed potatoes. Along with a shared bottle of wine. Steak was another night :-)

San Antonio...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,066 posts
597 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: American Thanksgiving Restaurant Suggestions

Thanks Jalfan..looking for Traditionl.

No intent of cooking a turkey on vacation Fred. Like you hard to beat my turkey dinners at home.

Oh and must have cranberry sauce. Canned is okay lol.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
9,619 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: American Thanksgiving Restaurant Suggestions

Yeah, you'll probably have to cope with canned cranberry sauce. Never seen fresh cranberries in PV. That's the one thing I miss most from home - I make a cranberry sauce using fresh berries, fresh squeezed O.J. to replace 1/2 the water and finish it with some fresh orange zest and Grand Marnier. Yum.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
2,716 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: American Thanksgiving Restaurant Suggestions

There are many restaurants in PV serving a traditional thanksgiving dinner. Capt Dons,, Hungry Cougar, Que Pasa, All Access, Swedes to name a few. As it gets closer they will all be promoting on Facebook. Check out Vallarta Advisor or Everything You Need and Want to know on FB in early November.

Branford...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
7,898 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: American Thanksgiving Restaurant Suggestions

Daiquiri Dicks has one of if not the best traditional Thanksgiving dinners and homemade cranberry sauce (not the canned jelly), pumpkin soup, apple and fennel salad, roasted turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, gravy, all the fixins -- pumpkin, apple and pecan pies and pumpkin cheesecake in addition to their regular menu.

Another memorable Thanksgiving was at El Arrayan also with a homemade cranberry chipotle sauce, roasted turkey, stuffing, etc and a whole roasted pumpkin for dessert!

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
1,499 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: American Thanksgiving Restaurant Suggestions

My brother, who lives in GDL, loves the Thanksgiving dinner at Playa Los Arcos. They even have pumpkin pie.

Our tradition, left over from years of vacationing here during that holiday, is to eat a hamburger on the beach. LOL.

Reply to: American Thanksgiving Restaurant Suggestions
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted