We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Malecon boardwalk

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Guelph, Canada
14 posts
Save Topic
Malecon boardwalk

How far is the Malecon board walk from the Americana Fiesta Resort?

11 replies to this topic
Shawnee, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
17,479 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Malecon boardwalk

It is in the Hotel Zone and it's a 10 minute cab ride, and cabs are cheap. You can take the bus but it will take a little longer due to stops, but it is a good alternative.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
1,499 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Malecon boardwalk

According to my Google maps app, the Fiesta Americana is 4 km from the start of the Malecon. It would take you about 50 minutes to walk there.

The Malecon begins across from the Hotel Rosita and runs south.

Guelph, Canada
14 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Malecon boardwalk

Thanks

NOVI
Level Contributor
99 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Malecon boardwalk

We stayed there last year and really liked it - we walked to the Malecon area twice with no issues - bus and cabs are also inexpensive as it's close

San Diego
Level Contributor
5,582 posts
345 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Malecon boardwalk

It is walkable yes - but just as easy to jump in a cab, take an uber or jump on the bus.

Seattle
Level Contributor
50,746 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Malecon boardwalk

The thing about the walk you mention, besides the distance, isthat it's not a particularly scenic or interesting route (imo). Unless you detour, you're walking on the sidewalk along side a very busy commercial drag, lined with stores, shops, hotels, with car, buses, trucks, whizzing by.

Personally I'd take transportation TO the Malecon then start your walk-about from there. Inland & into the local neighborhoods of Centro and Zona Romantica, where there are much more interesting things to look at.

Ohio
Level Contributor
114 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Malecon boardwalk

I'm wondering what cheap means. I read that you should negotiate a price for a taxi before getting in. How much can I expect a taxi from the cruise port to the Parish of Our Lady of Guadalupe to cost? Also, are they OK with American dollars or do they prefer Pesos?

Thanks.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
9,631 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Malecon boardwalk

I'm not 100% sure you what the fare would be so I'll not speculate but will offer a couple of thoughts - I believe the taxis that actually are available inside the port property will be "federal" taxis like the ones that are available on the airport property so you'll pay a premium. If you walk out of the port grounds per se onto the main street which passes by it you can flag local yellow cab which will be cheaper. You should always ask the fare before getting in a taxi. They'll certainly take your US dollars but they'll give you a poor rate of exchange and likely say that they don't have change - so have pesos if you possibly can.

Canada
Level Contributor
3,159 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Malecon boardwalk

alwweb - The local taxi (yellow [or white] as Fred describes above from the south-side to the Marina is $100 MX , which includes one extra zone. So I would say that if a driver quotes a fare of $80 to $100 MX, it would be reasonable.

Boise, Idaho
Level Contributor
411 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Malecon boardwalk

Just went. It is too far to walk. Taxi cost $8 regardless of the number of passengers. We tip $2 for a total of $10 (US). Very easy to hook up with another couple and split the tab.

Reply to: Malecon boardwalk
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted