We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Level Contributor
201 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Weather

Hi, we are flying to Puerto Vallarta on Friday and we are a bit concerned about the weather warnings. How bad is it there, thanks

Canada
Level Contributor
3,158 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather

It has been mostly hot and humid with rain in the evenings and overnight, which is typical for this time of year. This past Sunday there was a lot of rain in the evening with lightning and thunder. Yesterday was a beautiful day, it didn't rain until much later in the evening. It is raining this morning (8:45 a.m. PV time), but it is slowing to just a few drops as a write this.

I can't say what next week will bring, but in the past three years around this time of year, it has been pretty consistent that there is a lot of sun during the day and rain in the evenings. I haven't experienced an 'all day all night' rain.

Even with the rain, people carry on and go out and enjoy themselves. The rain is warm. So, it's not bad at all if you know what to expect. :-)

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
9,616 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather

Looking at the CyC webcam and it looks pretty soggy so far today - they haven't even put chairs out on the beach yet. http://www.cuatesycuetes.com

SoCal
Level Contributor
9,747 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather

Out of curiosity where are you seeing 'weather warnings'?.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
2,017 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather

Lots of debris washed up on the beaches overnight with many rakes, garbage bags and wheelbarrows in use cleaning up.

A bit of mist and the occasional raindrop during my beach walk this morning.

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
158 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather

Trying to clear up now. Blue skies peeking thru. It appears as of now, the worst part of potential storm is nearer Cabo and Baha.

Canada
Level Contributor
3,158 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather

PV Daily News had an article about the passing storm and warnings. Agree with Happy, it's trying really hard to clear up. No dark clouds and no rain right now.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
98 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather

we are also Flying in Friday-Weds.

Looking at the hourly weather Forecasts trying to find the best day to schedule evening sunset/town photos for wedding. We had scheduled for Monday but its showing 84% chance of rain in the evening :(

I know its a crapshoot but I'd like to have a better idea before I start all that hair and makeup :/

Edited: 1:12 pm, August 30, 2017
8. Re: Weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, September 01, 2018