We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oh man, I wanna come back already!

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
United States
Level Contributor
48 posts
80 reviews
Oh man, I wanna come back already!

It's only been a week and a half since I came home and I'm already getting PV fever! I know the 'rainy' season's starting there but I'll take heat and humidity over the cold temps and clouds up here. And altho I swore I wouldn't eat tacos anytime soon, I'm craving it big time. I'd never be able to find the real thing here in Seattle (well, there are food trucks but still not the same). I never tried tho I should've at least once, but people there told us about mixing tequila in their coffee or else it wasn't breakfast! LOL!

How soon after your first trip did you return? Did you try tequila in your coffee? Fess up! :)

United States
Level Contributor
48 posts
80 reviews
11. Re: Oh man, I wanna come back already!

<Next you'll start scheming how to get more time off from work... >

That is exactly why I was up late last night was trying to figure out how to maximize my get away without using up all my vacation time. LOL!

Also trying to figure out how to tell the fam that I'm going without them. AGAIN!

Edited: 11:25 am, June 14, 2017
NY
Level Contributor
518 posts
12. Re: Oh man, I wanna come back already!

I am 37 years old and have been going to PV probably an average of 2 times per year since 2009. Many of my co-workers now just assume when I take vacation that I am in PV :) LOL

I was thinking of announcing my retirement and going to PV on a permanent vacation :)

Am I too young to retire at the age of 37 ?? hahahahaha

or maybe I will just take a "hiatus" from working for a few years !

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
211 posts
83 reviews
13. Re: Oh man, I wanna come back already!

My wife and I honeymooned in PV in 1994 but didn't come back until last July (with our kids...funny how time just gets eaten up by life). We've been back since last summer once already (in May) and just booked spring break for next year....haha.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
471 posts
38 reviews
14. Re: Oh man, I wanna come back already!

Our first time to PV was October 2014. 6 months later we returned for our second time. 3 years later, this October will be our 6th and final time visiting PV. We love PV so much and cant stay away that we decided to move here permanently so we wont be visitors again. We are too excited!!

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
51 posts
2 reviews
15. Re: Oh man, I wanna come back already!

My first time traveling to PV was back in October of 2010. I was back in PV 8 months later. I travel to a lot of other places, but I always find vacation time to return every year to PV. :-))

Naperville, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
10,443 posts
42 reviews
16. Re: Oh man, I wanna come back already!

DH had never been out of the U.S, when we took our first trip to PV in January of 1987. 7 months later, we returned for another week to celebrate my birthday at the old Molino de Agua.. Yes, in July it was HOT and it rained off and on, but we enjoyed our second trip even more than our first foray.

United States
Level Contributor
48 posts
80 reviews
17. Re: Oh man, I wanna come back already!

I have to admit, we too were immediately tempted to want to move there even only after one visit! Actually I think I suggested we don't come back at all. But darn these kids we left at home! LOL!

Someday I hope to make that jump; for now I"ll have to settle for visiting as often as I can.

Poland, Ohio
Level Contributor
9,678 posts
40 reviews
18. Re: Oh man, I wanna come back already!

and you will have a blast just doing that guardian.

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
239 posts
13 reviews
19. Re: Oh man, I wanna come back already!

I usually go on two or three trips a year and one is almost always PV. The first time I went with my Husband and daughters in January ten years ago and then went back with a girlfriend the following March. That week in January went by way too fast and I just had to get some more time in Paradise. I would love to spend half of my retirement in PV (winter, please!) and the other half in Canada. We'll see if my dream comes true....but just the dream has been fun to play through my mind all these years!

Yucaipa, California
Level Contributor
5,451 posts
48 reviews
20. Re: Oh man, I wanna come back already!

I book my next trip as soon as I get home. It helps with the withdrawals. I have November booked, as well as January and May 2018.