We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oh man, I wanna come back already!

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
United States
Level Contributor
48 posts
80 reviews
Oh man, I wanna come back already!

It's only been a week and a half since I came home and I'm already getting PV fever! I know the 'rainy' season's starting there but I'll take heat and humidity over the cold temps and clouds up here. And altho I swore I wouldn't eat tacos anytime soon, I'm craving it big time. I'd never be able to find the real thing here in Seattle (well, there are food trucks but still not the same). I never tried tho I should've at least once, but people there told us about mixing tequila in their coffee or else it wasn't breakfast! LOL!

How soon after your first trip did you return? Did you try tequila in your coffee? Fess up! :)

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
2,823 posts
80 reviews
1. Re: Oh man, I wanna come back already!

Tequila in my Mexican flaming coffee yes but not at breakfast. We "visited" PV for the last time 18 ago today. Hung our sombreros and have officially left the rat race. LIGIPV

Seattle
Level Contributor
51,261 posts
22 reviews
2. Re: Oh man, I wanna come back already!

Well my first PV trip was so long ago it's hard to remember :-) but I'm pretty sure I went back about a year later. Now I go twice a year so the withdrawl each time leaving is less knowing how soon I will return.

There's lots of great Mexican food in Seattle... try Casco Antiguo in Pioneer Square for starters.

http://cascoantiguorestaurants.com/

suze

Edited: 12:05 pm, June 13, 2017
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
28,046 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: Oh man, I wanna come back already!

"How soon after your first trip did you return?"

About eight months. That was almost 20 years and over 30 visits ago... (-;

Already have two visits under the belt in 2017, planning a third this year and in beginning stages of planning the first trip of 2018 with a big group of friends. Once you're hooked, you're hooked.

Edited: 12:10 pm, June 13, 2017
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
606 posts
161 reviews
4. Re: Oh man, I wanna come back already!

My first trip was September 2014. I had the best worst time (long funny story) that I felt I had to return soon and during a better weather month. Returned May 2015 and have been coming every May since. Now I'm adding Oct/Nov into the mix. Once you get PV in your system you can't get it out!

I booked my next trip during my layover coming home from the last one!

Edited: 3:21 pm, June 13, 2017
Poland, Ohio
Level Contributor
9,613 posts
40 reviews
5. Re: Oh man, I wanna come back already!

one year i left and came back 2 weeks later.

i usually go twice a year and it still hurts, still pains me.

i'm here for the second year in a row for a month and it still ain't enough. i hate to be greedy.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,000 posts
72 reviews
6. Re: Oh man, I wanna come back already!

We started out going twice in the same year... then we started doing once a year and now but to twice.

I have been known to have tears in my eyes on the way to the airport in the cab

Dallas
Level Contributor
282 posts
11 reviews
7. Re: Oh man, I wanna come back already!

I'm here now for a week, and was here for a week in mid May..I was here for a week at Christmas...and we are returning end of July!! My first time in Vallarta was in 1979...

kansas
Level Contributor
72 posts
129 reviews
8. Re: Oh man, I wanna come back already!

First 2 visits I stayed in Nuevo Vallarta which is nothing like PV. In November I stayed in PV for the first time and have just returned from my 3rd trip since November. I'm an addict for sure. Hopefully I can go 2 mores before this year ends.

Glad to know I'm not the only one addicted 😀

Hope to meet some of you on future trips.

United States
Level Contributor
48 posts
80 reviews
9. Re: Oh man, I wanna come back already!

I was up late last night looking at flights for Labor Day weekend! I really got the PV fever!

Seattle
Level Contributor
51,261 posts
22 reviews
10. Re: Oh man, I wanna come back already!

<I really got the PV fever!>

What's funny is it doesn't get any better, only gets "worse" the more you go. Next you'll start scheming how to get more time off from work... and your eventual retirement plans suddenly start seeming to include at least part time in Vallarta!