We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Customs & Immigration forms - website??

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Great Neck, NY
Level Contributor
4,543 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
Customs & Immigration forms - website??

Leaving tomorrow & totally forgot to follow up on printing the forms at home so i don't have to rely on the airline, or even worse, having to wait for the form after arrival to fill out while on line. Does anyone have the website handy for these forms please?

Thanks!

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
9,455 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Customs & Immigration forms - website??

https:/…solicitud.html

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
9,455 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Customs & Immigration forms - website??

Here's a link for the customs form:

sjdloscabosairport.com/images/mexico_customs…

Great Neck, NY
Level Contributor
4,543 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Customs & Immigration forms - website??

Thanks Fred!

Great Neck, NY
Level Contributor
4,543 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Customs & Immigration forms - website??

I just went to the first website - being the technological whiz that i am (NOT!!!) - has anyone done the electronic form? Is there any way it can mess up things when i'm actually on the ground there. Can the regular/manual form still be used if there is a mess up with the electronic one?

Great Neck, NY
Level Contributor
4,543 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Customs & Immigration forms - website??

Another stupid question from me. I went to the second site you gave me Fred, and at the bottom of the document it says "NOT FOR FREE PRINT". What the heck does that mean? I'm only asking about all this stuff as a backup in case the airline "runs out of" or doesn't have the forms to hand out on the plane, which so often happens. So it's not a huge deal.

Canada
Level Contributor
3,078 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Customs & Immigration forms - website??

The electronic form (in link 1) is pretty hard to mess up, if you input the correct information. The most important is that your name should match exactly what is shown on your passport and your passport number.

If you have any doubt, you can also opt to fill out the form on the plane if it is available. I have used the online FMM several times. Most recently, there have been absolutely no delays, questions or problems with it. Initially, there was a bit of confusion but that seems to have cleared up.

As far as I know the customs form (in link 2) still has to be completed on the sheet that you get on the plane or available near the luggage carousel while you wait for your luggage.

Edited: 1:39 pm, June 12, 2017
Shawnee, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
17,307 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Customs & Immigration forms - website??

Fred I've never heard anybody say they filled out the customs form ahead of time electronically?

lopo I did the electronic immigration form and just went slowly making sure I did everything right. It's very straightforward. When you're finished and after a little while, you'll receive an email telling you that you are registered. If for some reason you aren't registered then the immigration agents will give you a form.

Edited: 1:43 pm, June 12, 2017
Canada
Level Contributor
3,078 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Customs & Immigration forms - website??

Forgot to mention that you can pick up a couple of extra custom forms near the carousels for future trips so you can have your online FMM and customs form completed before your trip the next time.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
1,943 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Customs & Immigration forms - website??

I've only been able to fill out the FMM Immigration Form online (within 30 days of travel) but haven't been able to do the Customs Form in advance.

I did pick up about 40 spare Customs Forms near the luggage carousel for future travel though.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
9,455 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Customs & Immigration forms - website??

I guess I don't see why you couldn't just print out the customs form and fill it out just in case they don't have them on the plane. Of the two it is by far the easiest to complete though - literally just a couple of minutes if they don't like the one you already have in hand.