We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Naperville Il
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Weather

We will be in PV Feb 10-21 and the weather is not as warm as we are use to in Ixtapa. Upper 70's and low 80's and 50-60 at night does not seem to be much like pool weather. Any chance I am wrong?

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
2,364 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather

Pool weather in my world. And LOVING it! Pool's heated. 😉

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
537 posts
359 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather

In 15 years of coming to PV in mid Feb., the weather has always been wonderfully warm!

Comox BC
Level Contributor
1,108 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather

Guess it will depend upon what is 'warm' to each. I've noticed evening temps appear cooler and TA folks have been making mention of bringing hoodies/shawls/sweaters for the evening hours so I'll be doing that. Daytime temps appear to be nice and toasty without being meltable. Whatever it sure beats piles of snow ad nauseum and minus anything temps so I'll exercise my coping skills and deal with whatever happens. Gotta be better than here right now!

westcoast
Level Contributor
1,323 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather

Arrived here on Saturday and have to say it is a bit nippy. Jeans and sweatshirt for morning café on balcony. Once in the sun all good. But as WC says, sure beats the alternative.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
435 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather

It's definitely not Ixtapa. Cooler in the evening and unheated pools are cold til late morning. I'm sure you know the saying about being not so bad once you're in. Afternoons are pretty good though and the area has charms of its own.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
2,721 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather

Its awesome. Come on down. Don't fret over something you have no control over. Its way warmer than ILL.

Prince George...
Level Contributor
1,006 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather

I find it warm and have only worn a light sweater on a couple occasions in the late evening

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
4,603 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather

I have never in 10 years, ever put on a hoodie or jeans. I have a light sweater that I need the odd morning or evening, and we are right on the ocean. The temps during the day are plenty warm enough to want to go in the pool, heated or not. Don'tt worry, it will be nice.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
42 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather

Have been here for a week now. Day time weather is perfect. I'm still good at night in shorts and a short sleeve shirt but it is cool. My girlfriend was cold every night and needed long pants and long shirts

Level Contributor
243 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Weather

It's cooler than normal this year. Ladies here wear wraps or sweaters in the evenings while dining or walking about when it starts cooling off. Would recommend bringing something like that with you.