We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bringing a 9 month old to Mazatlan.

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
colorado
Level Contributor
158 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Bringing a 9 month old to Mazatlan.

Hi! We are taking our 9 month old to Mexico in April. It's cheaper for us to travel to Mazatlan and we are leaning that way. Please give us some insight on babies in Maz and any advice on what to bring and expect. The sun pro and car seat are already in the bag. What else!!

Any insight on a young family traveling with a baby in Maz is much appreciated. We've been to Mexico for many years, but this is the first time with a baby.

Thanks in Advance!!!

Mazatlan, Mexico
Level Contributor
2,253 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bringing a 9 month old to Mazatlan.

NO different than anywhere else.

Edmonds, Washington
Level Contributor
685 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bringing a 9 month old to Mazatlan.

Our sons first trip to mexico was when he was 11 months old.

3 or more sippy cups

liquid dish washing soap

Travel size purell

travel toddler spoons

recomndiations from your PED. in case your little one gets

the ickies

some sort of floating device for a young baby

(as they are expensive there)

Inexpensive umbrella stroller. Find one at a thrift store.

A few beach/sand toys

Mesh bag to put on the back of the stroller for wet swim suits and sandy toys.

We usually let our son go naked on the way back to the room to let his bottom air out. So he peed, oh well it was a Hotel towel he peed on.

Pack and play is a must for sleeping

we put a blanket over the top of keep the airconditioning off him at night but the mesh sides allowed for air flow

Cant think of anything else right now but you will be making vacation memories that will last a life time!

Where are you staying?

We also froze gateraide in his sippy cups after a day at the beach so they were ready to go the next day (2 cups) left the lids off untill we needed them. Then took the third one with us to eat in our backpack that we had on the back of the stroller.

Have fun!

colorado
Level Contributor
158 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bringing a 9 month old to Mazatlan.

Thanks SUNSEEKER you gave some great Ideas!

We are thinking of staying at El Cid Granada. It's super cheap for us and expense is an issue. We've been to Maz a million times (it's been 8 years since our last trip there) but we were always the college spring breakers. Never imagined i'd someday bring a baby. But i can't tell you how excited I am. Feel like a kid again.

What's your insight on The Granada. I havent heard many good things, but we are easy to please. And does anyone know if all the rooms have a fridge??

Also what's the distance from the airport to the hotel?? It's been awhile and I can't remember.

Thanks!!!!!

Corona, CA
Level Contributor
155 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bringing a 9 month old to Mazatlan.

Hi Estrellagirl,

I have often posted that I didn't enjoy my stay or actually hated my stay at the Granada. But if you arrive with the expectations of nothing special and you are easy to please then you should be fine. We had regular hotel type room. The room had a kitchen with a small refrigerator. It was basically clean and the kitchen well equipped and is more than sufficient to prepare a meal. I'd pack a couple of towels as they came and asked for them around 9-10 and weren't replaced until the late afternoon and with my two young ones I found that difficult. When I stayed there it was after a week at El Cid Marina which is very nice and by comparison the Granada was...well not. I have stayed in all types of places in Mexico, some were extraordinarily basic and primative costing around $10 a night. Compared to those places Granada is pretty nice. Also if your baby is into crawling yet I'd pack some outlet covers and maybe something to lay on the floor if the crawling can be contained at all. Besides the older smell of the room the dirtiness of the floor was the most disturbing. I'm sure you could offer your maid $5 and she'd clean that floor nicely for you. Have an awesome time experiencing Mazatlan from the other side...it is very lovely!!

Corona, CA
Level Contributor
155 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bringing a 9 month old to Mazatlan.

Oh sorry. I'd advice grapping a taxi with the baby. I read that the current rate is around $26. Make sure you get one with working seat belts for your car seat. If I recall correctly it's about a 1/2 hour drive or so from the airport to the Granada.

Corona, CA
Level Contributor
155 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bringing a 9 month old to Mazatlan.

Just realized I responded to a different post of yours yesturday. There you go...ask a question slightly different and you get a slightly different answer. LOL...

7. Re: Bringing a 9 month old to Mazatlan.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 pm, August 24, 2009