We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do Canadians Need Passports for Mexico?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Calgary, Alberta
10 posts
Save Topic
Do Canadians Need Passports for Mexico?

We are leaving on Friday (returning on the 12th) and I was told by (what should be) informed sources that a passport is not required. Today I printed off some of our travel docs and they sure make it sound like to do in fact need a passport. I do have one for myself (as does my husband) but we didn't bother to get them for the kids. I have the long form of there birth certificates but I was wondering if anyone has recently traveled with children and what the requirements were? I know that we should get passports for them anyway (and I will as soon as we are back) but for this trip is it time to panic?

Thanks.

11. Re: Do Canadians Need Passports for Mexico?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:12 pm, July 29, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
10 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Do Canadians Need Passports for Mexico?

Thanks for the info Canuckelhead - the price of a taxi is definitely worth the time saved standing in long lines with kids! Just one hour of work to go now - the longest hour of my life.

13. Re: Do Canadians Need Passports for Mexico?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:19 am, August 23, 2009