We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

renting time shares with tug....

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Fairfield,CT
Level Contributor
89 posts
Save Topic
renting time shares with tug....

Hi All,

I am looking into renting a room at the Pueblo Bonito Mazatlan for a week in April.I have been looking at the TUG website. Has anyone done this before? Good/dad results? Thanks Jane

Mazatlan, Mexico
Level Contributor
244 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: renting time shares with tug....

You could probably do just as good by contacting your local travel agent instead of the Timeshare Users Group (T.U.G.) In that way you'll have a local person with a vested interest in making sure that there are no problems. This of course is just my humble opinion.

British Columbia
Level Contributor
330 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: renting time shares with tug....

Hi janecon,

Although I can't recommend 'Tug', I am a member of Tug and know that there are many legitimate rentals from members available. You could ask the person for references. If the rental is realistic (about $750 for the week) you know they aren't likely a scam.

But as mentioned, check out the travel sites which include airfare in the package. You might find a better price. You don't have to worry about hotel rooms at the PB (as you would at some other resorts that offer condo and hotel rooms). PB has only studios (large with basic kitchenettes) or one bedrooms. I know because I own there. Its a lovely resort.

Hope that helps

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
926 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: renting time shares with tug....

i have rented through some agency that only rented out the royal timeshares in cancun years ago went well especially since i only wanted a few days and not weeks. however these days you can go through your travel agency and be safe with the pueblo. also i have had luck with vbro.com when renting condos /homes from owners in gulf shore and orlando

4. Re: renting time shares with tug....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 pm, August 26, 2009