We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

German Restaurant in the hills?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
BC Okanagan
Level Contributor
3,045 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
German Restaurant in the hills?

This is a strange post, but, I remember 18yrs ago, we went on a tour with a taxi driver named Jesus, and he took us to the brickyard, and then back into the hills where it was much cooler and we had lunch in a beautiful german restaurant. Does anyone know where the heck I was? ( It was our honeymoon so its all a bit of a blur)

Mazatlán, Sin...
Level Contributor
2,514 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: German Restaurant in the hills?

It's a little hotel/restaurant called Villa Blanca. It's WAY up the mountain on the way to Durango set back in the pines north of the highway. Pretty place. In a thread a couple of months ago I said that it was on the west (downhill) side of the little village of Santa Lucia, but Mazatlan Frank said that it's actually a smaller village called Capilla del Taxte (which isn't even shown on the most detailed Sinaloa map available). He's a local and a well-known and experienced guide, so he's undoubtedly correct.

Mazatlan, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
Level Contributor
3,683 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: German Restaurant in the hills?

Mazatlan Frank is correct, but wondering if it is still open? I drove up there 2 years ago and it looked deserted. We stopped anyway and were told they had no food of any kind. Just that day maybe?

BC Okanagan
Level Contributor
3,045 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: German Restaurant in the hills?

Thanks guys,

couldnt remember if I had asked this question before.

It was a beautiful spot and we were hoping to take the kids there in Feb.

Maybe Frank will know if its open still. I have pictures of a little villiage and a beautiful church from that day-trip. I will have to find them and look a little closer at the details.

Mazatlan Mexico
Level Contributor
146 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: German Restaurant in the hills?

As for what I know, the German that owned the restaurant left and his assistant continued opening, but I heard that he past away. I have not been up there in years, and actually have been planning a trip soon. If I go this month or next month, I will alll let you know.

I also remember that it was beautiful and they had cabins for rent and also lots of pine trees.

I will let you know if I get a chance to go soon!

Mazatlan Frank

BC Okanagan
Level Contributor
3,045 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: German Restaurant in the hills?

Thanks Frank!

6. Re: German Restaurant in the hills?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:21 am, August 12, 2009