We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi "Van" at Airport?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
San Diego...
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi "Van" at Airport?

Hi there!

I am planning my first trip to Mazatlán and am so excited! I spent literally 12 hours yesterday reading through all the forums and gathering information and I still have so much left to do. We leave in two weeks and will be there for 8 nights. It doesn't feel like enough time to see all that Mazatlán has to offer but I am sure we will enjoy every minute.

It is my understanding that at the airport, we will exit the customs area, go through the door into the main terminal, turn right and head to the end of the hallway where we will see the exit to outside. Directly before going outside we will pass the "timeshare sharks" and head to the taxi kiosk which I believe is yellow.

My question is: does anyone know if the Taxi kiosk has Vans? We are traveling with 6 people and luggage and I would prefer not to take two taxis. And I would prefer taxi service over the bus. If not, any other suggestions? We are staying at the Hotel Emmert International which is very small and has no transfer service.

Thank you for your thoughts!

Mazatlan, Mexico
Level Contributor
959 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi "Van" at Airport?

The ladies at Sinaloa Adventures do airport transfers. Their white van would be perfect for the number of people. You can book through their website; http://sinaloaadventures.com/site/

Edited: 1:47 pm, June 02, 2014
Port Angeles...
Level Contributor
24 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi "Van" at Airport?

You dont have to prearrange a van, they will get you one at the taxi kiosk.

No need to reserve.

California
Level Contributor
2,292 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi "Van" at Airport?

Happy is correct, normally there are vans available. However the ladies poolds linked for you do a great job, and there's nothing better than getting the celeb treatment with a personal driver holding up your name at the gate. If I'm not mistaken the cost is also about the same.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi "Van" at Airport?

Thank you poolds. I saw another thread were you recommended them and checked out their website yesterday but it appears that they do a lot of customization (which is good) but it didn't give me a sense for what type of tours they do. Do you have any suggestions? Also, do you recommend emailing them or calling them? I don't speak Spanish but I have been using Google translator on some of my emails which has been working okay. Is this response okay or am I supposed to start a new thread called Tours?

San Diego...
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi "Van" at Airport?

That is a very good point AguaMaz! That could be a great start to the vacation. Thank you all for your help!

California
Level Contributor
2,292 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi "Van" at Airport?

"Is this response okay or am I supposed to start a new thread called Tours?"

We're not all the formal here....LOL. Start a new thread about tours, so people with helpful input for you on that subject will know about it.

Mazatlan, Mexico
Level Contributor
959 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi "Van" at Airport?

They speak very good English, no worries there. And as far as tours go, they do all the usual suspects such as Las Labradas, El Quelite, etc as well as custom tours going anywhere in Mexico you like. Just give them a ring and talk to them, they are very friendly and informative.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi "Van" at Airport?

So, I contacted Sinaloa Adventures and they seem very friendly. They charge $100 one way for 6 passengers. I have to decide if I think the service is worth it as I assume a taxi van would be closer to $60 or $80.

I also took your advice and reached out to them about tours. We will most likely be scheduling something with them. It's always hard to make advanced plans with a group but I am trying to reign everyone in!

Thanks for the help!

Mazatlan, Mexico
Level Contributor
198 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Taxi "Van" at Airport?

The taxi vans that are always waiting at the airport are 100 pesos ($8 USD) per person one way to most locations in Mazatlan. I have my guest use them all the time and they have never pains more the the 100 pesos.

Enjoy your trip to Mazatlan :-)

Mazatlan, Mexico
Level Contributor
198 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Taxi "Van" at Airport?

Sorry about the typos.

I meant to write: "and they never paid more then 100 pesos".