We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report - Day 6

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Diego...
Level Contributor
408 posts
Trip Report - Day 6

Tuesday May 20 I had breakfast at El Shrimp Bucket. Since it's in the hotel I'm staying at it's very convenient and most places in Olas Altas aren't open at 7 am. I also think they don't get enough credit for their food. The breakfasts are good and reasonably priced. You always see a lot of locals there for breakfast. I had the #6 I believe with eggs, poblano chile strips, an enchilada and beans. With the included coffee and juice I think it was around 85 pesos. Good. Went to get a peso infusion at Santander and walked around Centro for a while.

Lunch was at Angelina's Latin Kitchen. I had Shrimp Ravioli in Pomodoro Sauce and a glass of OK Sauvignon Blanc. The ravioli were just excellent and would fit right in at Raggio. I can't say enough about Angelina's. As has been mentioned in another post, she has closed her Malecon location and will reopen in the former Bolero behind the Freeman in July hopefully. I just dread it when a place moves because you never know how they will do but I understand she has a loyal following so maybe all is well.

After lunch I stopped by my main watering hole, Macaws, for cocktails and conversation. I decided this was going to be my "bad boy" day so after a short siesta it was off to Centro to hit a few bars. If they had names I'm not sure what they were but I ended up at Edgar's doing Hornitos shots and Sangrita chasers.

Late dinner (carne asada tacos) at Taqueria Sonora a couple blocks inland from the Fisherman's Monument. I made it back to La Siesta just in time to have flan for desert at El Shrimp Bucket. Adios.

1. Re: Trip Report - Day 6

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, June 03, 2015