We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mazatlan with Toddlers/safety

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Denver, Colorado
2 posts
Save Topic
Mazatlan with Toddlers/safety

Hi everyone, I'm traveling to Mazatlan with my toddlers next week! We can't wait!!! To anyone who is currently down there: Are there any safety concerns revolving around the recent capture? Any other advise on visiting Mazatlan with my littles? Thanks!

Mazatlan, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
Level Contributor
3,581 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mazatlan with Toddlers/safety

Just the same old, same old. Nothing new happening here. Mexicano's LOVE toddlers, so be prepaired to 'share', especially if they are blond! When my grand kids were here all the lady's had to touch their hair and coo over them. A great ice breaker!

Denver, Colorado
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Mazatlan with Toddlers/safety

Haha. Ok great! Yes two blondies :-)

Mazatlán
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
Level Contributor
3,722 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mazatlan with Toddlers/safety

They will have so much fun! The winter weather is super great this year! WARM.

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
1,711 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mazatlan with Toddlers/safety

The ocean is so warm, you will have to take them in the water. They will have fun and so will you. The only little thing to worry about is everybody will fall in love with them. Expect lots of attention. :)

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Mazatlan with Toddlers/safety

We have been traveling to Mazatlan with our young kids for many years and just returned Saturday from a trip with friends that included four children ages 3-7. We had such a great time and the kids absolutely love Mazatlan. We quickly discovered that we all loved just having dinners at restaurants on the beach because we could take turns taking the girls to run in the sand if it was taking while for the food. Some of our favorites were Panchos (on the beach), Chili's Pepper and Playa Bruja (Sunday night they have live music and it was very busy and we had to wait forever for food - we had a much better experience when we returned later in the week). At Chili's Pepper one of the waiters did table tricks/games for them and at Panchos they loved the fire dancers that perform nightly. The weather was absolutely perfect last week, but be sure to apply tons of sunscreen on the kids!

Thousand Oaks...
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mazatlan with Toddlers/safety

Hi Mom - Just remember bring lots of sun screen and watch out for uneven sidewalks. Other than that you are all set! Have a great trip!!

Seaforth, Canada
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Mazatlan with Toddlers/safety

Hi All,

Out of curiosity, did you bring your car seats with you when traveling with your kids? We are arriving in Mazatlan on Monday with our 2.5 year old and staying off-resort, and I am struggling with the decision. My dad will have his vehicle there so I am not sure how much traveling we will be doing via taxi etc. Any input would be appreciated!

M

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Mazatlan with Toddlers/safety

I would bring a carseat. I always arrange to take a charter bus from the airport with our kids to avoid bringing seats. It is a long drive from the airport, turning onto busy streets, etc. We do ride in pulmonias and red trucks without seats for quick trips to dinner.

9. Re: Mazatlan with Toddlers/safety

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, March 01, 2015