We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

And We'll Have Fun, Fun, Fun!

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
California
Level Contributor
2,292 posts
Save Topic
And We'll Have Fun, Fun, Fun!

Remember that old classic 45 record of the Beach Boys singing Fun, Fun, Fun ('Till Her Daddy Takes Her T-Bird Away)? Better cue it up and get ready, because soon we're going to have Sun, Sun, Sun, ('till they take our weather pattern away)!

In our last forecast we talked about Maz being in an off and on cycle of clouds and slightly elevated levels of humidity moving up from the Intertropical Convergence Zone. Starting today we'll see the last, and biggest section of that weather pattern moving through.

Rather heavy bands of clouds will be overhead today and Wednesday will see overcast continue, but lighten as the day goes by. So today and tomorrow are the perfect days for the aquarium, walking tour of El Centro, experiencing El Quelite, shopping crawl, or all those other inland / indoor activities you haven't gotten to yet.

Then on Thursday get ready for fun in the sun and blue skies right through the weekend and into next week! Click on our infra red satellite image (link below) and you'll view a massive band of clouds that covers most of Mexico, and runs all the way from the equator up through Arizona, New Mexico, and Texas.

That's about two days of cloud cover to pass through, and following that (remember weather in the Northern Hemisphere almost always travels west to east) you'll notice an almost totally clear ocean all the way to Hawaii (that group of red outlined dots). It more or less takes about five days for weather to move from Hawaii into Northern Mexico. (Speaking of which did you know the Hawaiian Islands and Mazatlan are almost the exact same distance from the equator?

weather.unisys.com/satellite/sat_ir_west.gif

All that being said we're still in our long term stable temperature pattern, and I don't see that changing. In fact this week will be virtually indistinguishable from the last with our variance of less than 20 degrees (6.5 C.) from day to night continuing. We still have that bench mark high of 80 degrees(26.7 C.). However our lows at night should be a degree or so warmer, only dipping to about 65 or 66 (18 C.).

For the next couple days the winds will be barely stronger, and coming almost exclusively off the water. However the difference in velocity is slight and may not be noticeable. If you're fishing it could make things a little rougher with the winds coming on from one direction. After that we'll go back into our typical winter pattern of light breezes off the land during the morning, turning to mild winds from the North / Northwest for the afternoon.

Ocean water temperatures continue to run higher than normal. In fact they're up a bit and running about 77 degrees (25 C.) along the shore. You can thank last week's unseasonable push of waves from the Southern Hemisphere for that. There is also a clear lane of 80 degree plus water (27 C.) not far south of Maz, and the fishing grounds offshore are running at or above the 77 mark. So the big game warm water fish should be out there.

If you're in, or coming to Maz you have a couple days for the alternate activities. Then expect a nice long run of wonderful beach and pool days, with nights even more mild than usual! I'd say have a good time...but that's a given isn't it?

Toronto
Level Contributor
199 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: And We'll Have Fun, Fun, Fun!

Oh thank you, thank you AquaMaz. March 4th can't get here soon enough for us.

Burnaby, Canada
Level Contributor
83 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: And We'll Have Fun, Fun, Fun!

Thank you for this weather report - 17 days and counting for us

Sylvan Lake, Canada
Level Contributor
3,083 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: And We'll Have Fun, Fun, Fun!

17 days for us too!

Port Angeles...
Level Contributor
24 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: And We'll Have Fun, Fun, Fun!

thank you for the update, we will be there on Saturday.

Can hardly wait.

Bellingham...
Level Contributor
18 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: And We'll Have Fun, Fun, Fun!

This was an awesome update. I hope you do another one next week!! (nudge, nudge)

California
Level Contributor
2,292 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: And We'll Have Fun, Fun, Fun!

Thank you Mardine, and I want everyone to know it means a lot to hear these reports help them. I'd like to do a weekly update, but unfortunately they require data and analysis from widely scattered and unrelated locations and disciplines which is very labor intensive.

Hopefully we can share a update from time. At the least you'll get a heads up on something unusual like our unheard of rain for Christmas and New Years. In addition if someone reminds me just prior to their vacation, I'll do everything possible to celebrate their days in Maz with a send off report.

Edited: 3:51 pm, February 26, 2014
Minnesota
Level Contributor
167 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: And We'll Have Fun, Fun, Fun!

That was an awesome report! Unfortunately I still have 31 days before we get there. Everyone else, have fun!

Sylvan Lake, Canada
Level Contributor
3,083 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: And We'll Have Fun, Fun, Fun!

This year has just been fabulous weather overall. Can't wait to get back down to the sun! Thanks for your great reports AguaMaz (and thanks for calling it the "unheard of rain" instead of the "two beer bet rain" - I will just never live that down!! LOL)

Midwest US
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: And We'll Have Fun, Fun, Fun!

We will be there March 21-28. Can't wait and hope the weather holds out. Sounds like us having the Polar Vortex problem in the Midwest US is benefitting weather in Maz. I sure hope it's worth it in a couple weeks

Hugo MN
Level Contributor
151 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: And We'll Have Fun, Fun, Fun!

AugaMaz

Thanks for the great report. Please keep these coiming...will arrive March 8.