We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

taxi/van cost to Torres Mazatlan from airport for 5

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Olympia
Level Contributor
32 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
taxi/van cost to Torres Mazatlan from airport for 5

I'm part of a group of 5 adults headed to Torres Mazatlan and I'm looking into the ground transportation options. I've read the Q&A re: taxi and shuttle costs but am still a little confused. Online, Mazatlan Airport Shuttle and Transportation Service quotes $90 one way for a van that seats 7 people. Is that a good price? Thanks in advance!

Ontario
Level Contributor
2,999 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: taxi/van cost to Torres Mazatlan from airport for 5

I haven't a clue as to who Mazatlan Airport Shuttle and Transportation Service are but that is not a good price! Five adults you will need either two taxis at 380 pesos each, roughly $60US, or a van at 110 pesos each, roughly $45US. No tip needed...your choice.

Nova Scotia Canada
Level Contributor
108 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: taxi/van cost to Torres Mazatlan from airport for 5

Or try King David shuttle. They are very efficient. You can call them their number is on their Web site and the price is return.

Bellingham...
Level Contributor
18 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: taxi/van cost to Torres Mazatlan from airport for 5

I am an owner at Torres Mazatlan. If you call them - they'll arrange airport transportation for you.

I just booked mine for $18/person - round trip. They go through King David tours, I believe.

Olympia
Level Contributor
32 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: taxi/van cost to Torres Mazatlan from airport for 5

Thanks everyone. We've used King David before but want to get to Torres more quickly than the shuttle takes.

Neils- can I get the van option at the airport taxi stand or do I need to book it in advance? I agree the price isn't good- though Mazatlan Tours posts a similar price online ($86 one-way).

California
Level Contributor
2,292 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: taxi/van cost to Torres Mazatlan from airport for 5

Vans are normally available at the taxi stand, and they're more than capable of handling five people plus more luggage than you're likely to have. We've used the van for six people and still had room left over for more.

Just make sure you get to the actual taxi stand, and not a pseudo "stand" nearby that looks similar but is actually a time share thing. Hopefully someone will chime in and give more details or a good description, to help insure you get to the right location.

Have a great time, and hopefully you'll cash in on lots of Samo Samo !

Edited: 1:43 pm, March 29, 2014
6. Re: taxi/van cost to Torres Mazatlan from airport for 5

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, March 31, 2015