We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best inexpensive delicious lunch

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Saint Cloud...
Level Contributor
558 posts
Save Topic
Best inexpensive delicious lunch

Nachos, smaller portion of shrimp, burgers, tacos, sandwiches... Any tips? On the beach would be good : )

Morris, Illinois
Level Contributor
774 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best inexpensive delicious lunch

You might consider walking to Playa Norte to one of the many restaurants on the beach. they are very reasonably priced and, of course, right on the beach. Many of them have diablo shrimp and I have yet to have a bad meal at any of them.

Calgary, Alberta
Level Contributor
791 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best inexpensive delicious lunch

I don't know where you are staying but La Marina Yacht and Tennis Club has a burger, fries, salad and a beer lunch for around 65 pesos. The burger was good and the beer was cold.

Edited: 3:15 pm, January 23, 2014
J-W
Illinois
Level Contributor
1,199 posts
1,036 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best inexpensive delicious lunch

Check our sun seekers post on this form and go to the restaurant section to get coos ideas. There are many, many great places to have lunch. Tony's On the Beach is always good. You might also want to try Loco Loco's, Pancho's on the Beach, Diego's and the list goes one and on.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
3,083 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best inexpensive delicious lunch

So many great, cheap places for lunch. I sound like a broken record but F.I.S.H. is amazing - and cheap! 25 - 40 peso tacos that are delicious! But not on the beach. It's pretty hard to find a really expensive meal in Mazatlan. We had great beef nachos at La Canoa. Munchkins apparently has one of the best burgers but again not on the beach. Even La Costa Marinera has crackling squid and crackling fish for 70 - 85 pesos and they are both delicious and the servings generous - I shared my plate with five others. It's on the beach next to Diego's. Loco's Loco's has an amazing clubhouse sandwich for 80 pesos, their burgers are good and you can get a delicious shrimp lunch/dinner prepared anyway you want for 130 pesos. Juanita's is incredibly cheap. We've only had breakfast there but it is always full with locals so that is a good sign. I think this question is kinda like when I asked which restaurants to go to for free wifi - and one response was it'll be easier to find places that have wifi then that don't. Same here - you'll find many inexpensive delicious lunches - way more than you'll find expensive places. Have fun finding places for great food!

J-W
Illinois
Level Contributor
1,199 posts
1,036 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best inexpensive delicious lunch

Could you tell us your price range for inexpensive SquirrelMN?

6. Re: Best inexpensive delicious lunch

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 10:43 pm, March 28, 2015
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
1,060 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best inexpensive delicious lunch

Juanita's is great! I loved the quesadillas, and they were very inexpensive!

Oregon Coast, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,291 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best inexpensive delicious lunch

I second F.I.S.H. You have a number of choices there at extremely reasonable prices. Fish basket with fries for 70 pesos, a cup of clam chowder (the best!) for 40 pesos, several kinds of tacos - I had the octupus. They open at 1:00 PM, so great for a late lunch for us NOBs. Also a very large mug of ice cold beer for 20 pesos. I don't think you can beat this amazing place!

Saint Cloud...
Level Contributor
558 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Best inexpensive delicious lunch

I'm just thinking a quick taco, nachos, a burger. These are all good suggestions. Maybe Lucky Bs and Surfs Up

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
3,083 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best inexpensive delicious lunch

Surf's Up won't fit the bill for a quick taco, nachos or burger - given it's location which is quite a far ways out.

Snowbird swears by the tacos in the taco stand across from the Luna Palace.