We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Our Lady of Guadalupe?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Granite Bay USA
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Our Lady of Guadalupe?

Does anybody know of the festivities leading up to and on the day of Our Lady of Guadalupe? Do they have parades in the down town area? If so, where? On Dec. 12th is the area around the cathedral and leading up to the church crowded with people honoring her? What time do these different activities take place? Any information you can give me about the event in Mazatlan, I would appreciate it. I've been to other parts of Mexico and it's a very huge celebration with all kinds of parades and different festivities during the day and night. Just wondering if Mazatlan recognizes this holiday as much as other areas? Thank you for any help.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
241 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Our Lady of Guadalupe?

Our Lady of Guadalupe is the patron saint of all Mexico. I've been in several places on that date but not Mazatlan. Everywhere I've been there have been celebrations. I'm certain that the cathedral is no exception. Besides the cathedral you can expect smaller processions at neighborhood churches.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2,751 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Our Lady of Guadalupe?

In the past I've seen vendors on the streets around the cathedral and crowds around the nativity scene set up in that area, but I've never seen the huge parades that you see in other cities. Even PV, put down many times on this forum as just a tourist town and not "real" Mexico, has huge parades and parties.

I'd love to see the big celebrations for Guadalupe also. Hopefully it's not just small neighborhood things in Mzt.

Edited: 8:58 am, November 26, 2013
Mazatlan, Mexico
Level Contributor
449 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Our Lady of Guadalupe?

In Mazatlan there will be a large celebration in the downtown area at the Cathedral. There will be events for the children, food vendors set up in the streets, along with a nativity scene where children can have their pictures made setting in the Nativity. The crowd will be shoulder to shoulder and the atmosphere will be festive. No parades in the past as far as Iknow.

Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
Level Contributor
3,637 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Our Lady of Guadalupe?

Mostly birthday celebrations for anyone named Lupe, on this day!

5. Re: Our Lady of Guadalupe?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, December 02, 2014