We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What are they catching right now ?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Quilcene, Washington
Level Contributor
4,041 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
What are they catching right now ?

I have looked at many charts stating one fish or the other should be great to fish for this & or next month but would rather have the report from someone on the ground.

Anybody been fishing & if so how'd ya do, what'd ya catch, & who'd ya fish with, panga or cruiser?

Getting close to our vacation date & need top figure out if I am going to contact my buddy Chalio or get a bigger boat, maybe talk the little gal into attending a couple timeshare presentations & do both.

Life is good. ; )

Carson City, Nevada
Level Contributor
3,970 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: What are they catching right now ?

Well, short of martial law I'm not canceling my trip in April. Thanks for checking on that e-mail.

Quilcene, Washington
Level Contributor
4,041 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: What are they catching right now ?

Lots of wind the past couple days fished today got about the same as last week. We are leaving tomorrow.

Lake Minnewawa, mn
Level Contributor
2,764 posts
Save Reply
23. Re: What are they catching right now ?

Why do you persist in making these erroneous reports, Birdman?

Nothing happened at El Cid Marina.

Police went to arrest a suspect over a half mile from the Marina and did capture them. Yes the suspects started shooting.

There was absolutely no effect on visitors.

Your other slanderous post was deleted by TA staff.

What is your agenda?

Carson City, Nevada
Level Contributor
3,970 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: What are they catching right now ?

Did you go fishing again Birdman? I was wondering if you had any luck?

Quilcene, Washington
Level Contributor
4,041 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: What are they catching right now ?

What erroneous reports?

The El Cid report came directly from a police mans mouth as I stood in front of Pueblo Bonito listening to the gun shots, I later changed that part of my post.

There were no reporters on scene that I saw or heard of & I was standing within 10 yards of the house the incident took place in within an hour of the time the shooting stopped, talking with locals that knew about these guys & the goings on in this house / area for a couple weeks.

Yes there was an effect on the tourists at P.B. Maz. three couple we talked with later said they will never return to Mazatlan

I do not / did not get my info from doctored news reports but from the folks that live & work in this area every day.

Edited: 2:52 pm, December 11, 2013
Quilcene, Washington
Level Contributor
4,041 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: What are they catching right now ?

Tony,

We did go fishing again Monday, had to fight the wind so we stayed closer to the marina, we caught about the same amount as Tuesday last week but the fish were not as big over all but we did have some nice snapper & triggers & 2 12-14 lb sea bass

Chalio has no e-mail address so you will have to contact him in person or by phone.

Edited: 3:02 pm, December 11, 2013
Carson City, Nevada
Level Contributor
3,970 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: What are they catching right now ?

Thanks Birdman.

California
Level Contributor
2,292 posts
Save Reply
28. Re: What are they catching right now ?

What erroneous reports?

The El Cid report came directly from a police mans mouth

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Which even if it happened as you claim, was still erroneous.

"I later changed that part of my post."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The "change" was to move on from a false claim about a "robbery at El Cid Marina," to an equally erroneous statement that the neighborhood in which the house was located regularly has crime. Maybe it would be wiser to resist rushing to put out unsubstantiated rumor and innuendo as fact. That will avoid having verified facts show the original claim (and especially the sensationalized headline) grossly misrepresented what actually took place.

Edited: 5:56 pm, December 11, 2013
Quilcene, Washington
Level Contributor
4,041 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: What are they catching right now ?

Who will "verify" the facts? The police report made to play the incident down or the people that live in that neighborhood?

I know them personally, ate at their homes which are within 2 blocks of where the incident took place.

I did not google the location while sitting in a cozy chair or read about it in the local paper, I walked over & saw it first hand, talked with friends that know what was going on.

Like the local newspaper I reported what was told me by a policeman.

Get over it guys, it is what it is.

By the way both surfing & boogie boarding were great the entire time we were in Mazatlan.

California
Level Contributor
2,292 posts
Save Reply
30. Re: What are they catching right now ?

Who will "verify" the facts?

--------------------------------------------------------------

Obviously not someone rushing to a computer and throwing out wild tales, when there was absolutely no reason for haste. Ultimately this led to a completely off the mark headline and story that spooked people.

I did not google the location while sitting in a cozy chair or read about it in the local paper

----------------------------------------------------------------------

That's too bad since then we wouldn't have tourists being told there was a robbery at a popular hotel on the beach, when there was no robbery, nothing took place at a hotel or on the beach, and it was not in any way related to tourism.

You also didn't hear police activity at El Cid Marina as you "stood in front of Pueblo Bonito listening." El Cid is directly to the North and no more than 300 years away from PB Maz, at best. Yet the police were actually well down into an inland neighborhood away from the beach to the East of both the PB and the El Cid.

In fact something close to a 90 degree angle away from the El Cid and Pueblo Bonito. Any noise would have been coming from that direction to the East where the police were, not from just a little ways down the street directly to the North.

Like the local newspaper I reported what was told me by a policeman.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A policeman said there was a robbery at the El Cid Marina, when his fellow police officers were not involved in a robbery and were actually at a private home in a different location and direction? That's a good one.

The local newspapers reported AFTER verifying information with at least a second source. This prevents offering crazy stories that are based on nothing. They never said anything about a hotel robbery, and also identified the location correctly which precluded people from thinking this was tourist related.

This "just a reporter" analogy doesn't coincide with any facts and isn't working.

Edited: 10:17 pm, December 11, 2013