We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

MSP Star Tribune article

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Saginaw, Minnesota
Level Contributor
272 posts
76 reviews
Save Topic
MSP Star Tribune article

This article came out in today's paper. Nice to finally see a positive news article from a local media outlet.

startribune.com/lifestyle/…230095541.html

Minnesota
Level Contributor
185 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: MSP Star Tribune article

I was just going to post the same thing!!

Calgary, Alberta
Level Contributor
813 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: MSP Star Tribune article

Great article Jack. Thanks for posting.

As a long time visitor to Mazatlan I was pleased to read an article that puts a positive spin on one of the best places to vacation in Mexico.

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,991 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: MSP Star Tribune article

So why has no one made any posts on Trip Advisor about this new cruise ship pier? And about the new bus parking spots and the gardens?? With three Destination Experts living in Mazatlan...would have thought that one of them would have proudly written lots about it? Or did I miss those posts?

Mazatlan, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
Level Contributor
3,629 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: MSP Star Tribune article

We haven't mentioned it because it does not yet exist. I have seen the plan for the new cruise ships docks (Where the Baja Ferry's dock at present), and a new section of dock has been built. However we are still probably 2 years away from opening it. I was at a big meeting in the federal port directors office this last week discussing improvements already made and plans for this seasons ships. It was the best meeting I have attended in Mazatlan since I have lived here! The heads of all public offices involved were there, as well as tour company owners, the state tourism office, and several others.

I was very glad to have the Mazatlan Tourist Aides invited and asked for our input. In addition to increased security, the addition of about 300 closed circuit cameras watching all areas where tourists will congregate, there were discussions of increased federal patrols on highways used by tours from the port to outlying villages like La Noria and Concordia/Copala, etc. Lots of new stuff to greet the incoming cruise ships, but the new port terminal is still a ways off. They must first move the ferry terminal too.

The article, while very positive, was a bit misleading saying these things were done. They are not. But they ARE in the works.

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,991 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: MSP Star Tribune article

Thanks, Roger. That is what I assumed had happened...Press report before the happenings!

6. Re: MSP Star Tribune article

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, November 05, 2014