We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

El Cid marina hotel

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Philadelphia
Level Contributor
113 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
El Cid marina hotel

Hi, Is this hotel close to any restaurants? How far is it from town? First time to Mazatlan and I am trying to learn the layout of the area. Any info is greatly appreciated. Gracias, Constance

California
Level Contributor
2,292 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: El Cid marina hotel

El Cid Marina is at the far northern edge of town and the end section of the main tourist area, known as the Golden Zone (Zona Dorada). There are plenty of terrific restaurants within walking distance including Ernie Tomatoes, Angelos, El Fish Market, another second Panchos location, and Cilantros on the beach at the Pueblo Bonito resort.

A little farther walk (but not that much farther) would be Diego's, Los Zarapes, and Costa Marina Restaurants.

Edited: 12:12 pm, September 06, 2013
Morris, Illinois
Level Contributor
774 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: El Cid marina hotel

You are in the perfect place, beautiful grounds, walking distance to many restaurants, free shuttle to El Cid El Moro where your restaurant picks are again within walking distance, and about three times as many. If you want to go to "Old Mazatlan" or Centro as most people call it, it is just a bus ride away, or for even more fun and about 80 pesos you can take a Pulmonia to Plazuela Machado and be within a few blocks of some of the best restaurants in Maz (be sure to try Topolo's). You should also try Pancho's on the beach in the Golden Zone, most people will tell you that it is a Mazatlan icon. I hope you will post a report of your experiences in Maz and let us know your likes or even dislikes.. Enjoy Mazatlan.. Be sure to pick up a free copy of the Pacific Pearl Magazine at your first opportunity, as there are maps in it and a wealth of info about Maz.

Carson City, Nevada
Level Contributor
3,970 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: El Cid marina hotel

I stayed at the Marina last May and thoroughly enjoyed the rooms and the grounds very much. The shutle to the sister property is very handy. To be perfectly honest, there are so many great restaurants in the Golden Zone alone, not to mention Centro that I only ate breakfast there a few times and all other meals off the grounds. I think you'll enjoy the El Cid Marina. I have attached a link to my Tripwow slideshow from the trip. Lots of pics from the Marina as well as the other El Cid.

…tripadvisor.com/tripwow/ta-079d-17ac-d5f4…

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
1,060 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: El Cid marina hotel

I didn't read all the responses, so if this has been mentioned already, I apologize.

There is a free shuttle that goes back and forth from the Marina to El Cid El Moro. There are also MANY great dining options in that area. Villa Italian is just about across the street from El Cid. Alagua is just a short walk south. Mr. Lobster is a little bit further south. There is another Italian restaurant that I though was better than Villa Italian...it is further south than Mr. Lobster, and on the opposite side of the street....I think it's called Raggio. Of course there is Gus n Gus, also...just a bit south of El Cid. There are many more, but this will give you a good start.

Carson City, Nevada
Level Contributor
3,970 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: El Cid marina hotel

I would skip Alagua as I have had three very bad meals there in a row and the word i got from a couple of locals was that the food is as bad as I experienced mutiple times.

Mazatlan, Mexico
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: El Cid marina hotel

There are some restaurants within a few blocks walk. Also a bus stop in front that will take you downtown.

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,798 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: El Cid marina hotel

Tony...I added your nice video of El Cid Marina and restaurants and Old Town up to Top Questions...under videos of the area. Hope that is ok!!

Carson City, Nevada
Level Contributor
3,970 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: El Cid marina hotel

Quite alright Judy!

Morris, Illinois
Level Contributor
774 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: El Cid marina hotel

Hey Mump52, you didn't say when you are in Mazatlan, you should probably post that also as there are many things that occur in Maz at specific times of the year and people may be able to steer you in the right direction by festivities that are going on..

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
113 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: El Cid marina hotel

We will be in Mazatlan in Jan. or Feb 2014. Any info is greatly appreciated. Gracias, Connie